Banner Mission 3 of 6 rejected

The mission approval system is broken! I submitted a 6 mission Second Sunday banner with a PacMan theme. This exact banner exists in several other cities and the author offered it to anyone. There are no duplicate waypoints - all unique and can be done in any order. The mission descriptions tell the agent a bit about the part of the community they will be traveling through. The other 5 missions (already approved) are worthless unless the entire set is approved. I have modified and resubmitted the 3rd mission several times. I'm sure this post will be of no help, but I am frustrated and need to rant!

What is it going to take to get Niantic to recognize and support banners missions and the authors. Agents who are creating banners are providing Niantic with a free tool to help keep other agents interested in the game. How about some support?!

From Niantic:

"Thanks for submitting Second Sunday 3 of 6 - Mount Dora PacMan. Unfortunately, we were not able to accept your Mission. Your Mission may have one or more of the following issues:

• A lack of a clear and informative description and/or title
  • Mission Image, description, and/or title are unrelated to the Waypoints chosen"

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

that looks more like a copyright issue, do u have the rights for that image?

• It is not a copyright issue as that would generate this canned message:

• Use of an image or text that isn't yours or that you don't have rights to use or that consists of a logo

I have alsp run up against this copyright problem and it was suggesgted I submit the issue via in-game support app. See this discussion and the response from Niantic. https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/17366/need-help-or-suggestion-banner-mission-rejected#latest

• MargariteDVilleMargariteDVille ✭✭✭
    edited September 20

Mission reviewers don't know about banners - each mission is reviewed as stand-alone. They don't know or care what other missions have been approved anywhere. They just want the picture, title, and description to make sense all by itself.

Try a description like "You're going down the road on a Sunday, and see these portals! Stop and hack them to earn this badge." Once accepted, you can submit change for the description. (I said "road" because the mission 3 badge looks like a road.)