Hello everyone, I am writing about a fact that, on ingress, tends to create problems for different players: STATIC FIELDS, or Permanent Fields, which have the characteristic of being withdrawn within a few hours after being shot down.
The game is based on the score that the fileds give on the territory, which, becoming static can guarantee, with little organization, the victory of one faction or the other in a cell, or at least this is what it may seem to Niantic however the reality is often quite different.
When it was created in game, and you could only get one key per portal, it was much more difficult to create new static, at least in a legal way, today is easy.
Static Fileds tend to destroy the game by burying, under field, a whole series of players who, for obvious reasons, can no longer play as they find themselves unable to do anything with fields that often go home by home (or home by portal unaccessible) and links even tens of kilometers long, all with huge expenses in gasoline (just to put a little more CO2 into the atmosphere for ridicules reason) or public transport, having to spend time and effort to go to a player's house which, comfortably from the sofa, link again.
There are several cases in which those of his faction are obliged not to play against, under penalty of losing the title of “tusted”, and the automatic expulsion from all faction groups, which is usually reserved only for those who are caught doing open use. of fake gps or cheating in some way.
I lost count of the players, of both factions, who uninstalled the game under some static field. Lately NIA has tried to put a patch on the **** of players, giving the possibility to play, even if only a little, under filed but thus removing the meaning of the filed itself: what sense does it have to play as opponents if that, covering me, does not does it limit my ability to play? Also with a limit of only 500 meters but this is only useful in large cities where there is an abundance of portals.
The truth is: without a players the game has no sense to exist, and I don't think NIA agrees that few players are playing, as I always say "less players, less money for Niantic"
If I can propose some ideas to spice up the game a little, making it more dynamic:
1. Remove the possibility of using old codes from new accounts: too often if you are looking for cubes you just need to create a new account and use old codes: it is cheating but given that no one will ever know who you are no one can accuse you.
2. Prevent multiplication of keys in quantum
3. Create an item that immunizes a portals for a long time (a week?), please that it is NOT Very Rare, preventing both factions from using it, still giving the possibility to reload it and not losing ownership: despite the medal of the guardians has been removed many players still compete to see who keeps the portal longer
4. Speed up the download of the portals (if fielded or linked) from 7 days to one or two days
5. Evaluate whether to make all portals of a filed temporarily unusable by simply splitting a vertex, perhaps making all the portals of the other vertices lose a return, in this way if I break a player's house I have the technical time to cut the field.
6 To find a legit way to destroy inaccessible portals (maybe breaking the other vertex)
7. Trying to make the intell more dynamic, the tired game is boring and the boredom kills the game
8. If a multifid has been up for a long time, it begins to "eat" the internal states, so that it loses value over time and must then at least be reorganized, thus moving the game itself