Superposition Anomaly Medal (what the...?)

Comments

• kamilus83kamilus83 ✭✭✭

easy fix for that - for Anomaly time unlimited range for recharge. Problem solved.

• joecainjoecain ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I think they're pretty active.

IFU is looking for a few good agents.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If it took them this long to announce the plans, well...you're expecting miracles with a response back this soon

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

There's time to remedy the problem, acknowledging there is a problem would be a good first step though.

• Hi,

I am a relatively new player, i havent attended the pre covid anomalies where it was a big event where a lot of people travelled from all over the place and i was looking forward to atleast participating in that event once.

But after covid they changed the rules so that even local players can get the badge by interacting with 10 BB, which in my opinion is a good decision. The game is global and even though i would love to meet all the players and attend a big event, its always not feseable.

Majority of people getting annoyed is because they are about to travel for a badge which others can get from their local playzone. But think about it in the perspective of the players who want to travel but cant because of various reasons. The BB interaction will be a good idea for that playerbase.

In Niantic perspective, the players who spend thousands of dollars for ticket etc are spending very little for Niantic in the Anomaly sites. If i remember correctly they introduced a $25 pass in anomaly sites a while back. So if Niantic can get more people to spend money to purchase BB from store for participating in Anomaly locally, which option will niantic will go for ?

I am even ready to pay for some pass especially for anomaly which will guarentee a badge with some minimum gameplay requirements.

• NeothetaaNeothetaa ✭✭✭

On topic of badges I think it needs to be highlighted that not everyone needs to be able to get every single badge, after all it is just a badge. Just as not every game or event is for everyone, you can never please everyone, but you can provide different things for different people. The rewards need to match the challenge. Some people just want cosmetics to their profile in exchange of money and something easy, or they want to show their support to the game, that's fine to offer them. For others the badges are signs of conquering a big challenge, the more challenging the better it feels, it feels good to look at an old badge and go: I did that! To show it to a friend who can go: Wow you actually did that! Large part of challenging ingress badges is also the requirement to plan how to optimize your actions for the goal, people are naturally drawn to taking the easiest route and it's fun to compare how other people executed something. So making it optional to go for the difficult path is a bad idea.

Also as someone who's used to not being able to have hobbies or go anywhere, when I do go somewhere it definitely needs to feel worth it! I know people like me often whine about not being able to attend things but that's not because there's something wrong with the game, that's just on life itself, an easy free badge is not going to make it better.

In Finnish we have this fitting saying: "Don't cry ugly girl, take a raisin, it will make you uglier". It means a comfort reward will make one feel even worse about themselves.