Tool for Portal Submissions

I've been thinking, is there a way Niantic can build a tool into OPR that tracks portal submissions?

Something that can show you info about past submissions, and the status of currently queued submissions. Not incredibly detailed data, just "Submission A was submitted into OPR on [date]" with a follow up bit about "Submission A was accepted on [date]" or "was denied on [date] for [being a duplicate (for example)]"

Just a catalog, with maybe some stats about acceptance rates or something.

Half my gameplay these days is going around submitting portals and being able to track those details without needing a program or a notebook would be useful (to me at least).

Comments

• SenmanaSenmana ✭✭✭

This would definitely be helpful. Would be nice to share these with other local players too so we don't duplicate the same subs.

• I don't know about sharing them, at least not built in. This could lead to some slippery slopes and accusations of OPR rigging. Very messy.

As far as making sure we don't submit the same things multiple times, I just ask the locals in a direct message if they've submitted this or that yet. Maybe in your community you could set up a group

• I have personally made a Google Sheets sheet with submissions, so I can keep track on the things I put up for review. I keep developing on it, and further increase its abilities and usefulness. I could probably fairly easily modify it, and make several editions of it, so it both will fit single agent and community use. I’ll think about it, if people would find that interesting and useful

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

You can do all this from your emails. I know some people do this manually into a spreadsheet but I'm working on a Google Apps Script to extract it directly from Gmail into a sheet, calculating how long something has been in review for accepted/rejected/duplicate/too close how long it took.

• Mine is going to be able to do the same thing. I've already made it do statistics, even conditional depending on defined events, rules and desires. Currently I'm in the works of automatically adding to the sheet, from the mails, no matter if it is submitted from Ingress Scanner and Prime, and Pokemon as well, Once that is done, the next step is just to have it tell who submitted, and then my whole community will be able to see, what has been submitted, and therefore plan together and don't submit duplicates.

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

I have a map of all the locations I have submitted and have a friend also add to it since we are trying to avoid duplicate submitting. I also input any candidate in the area that I see in review which is extremely rare since theres only us 2 submitting for the most part.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just have two folders created in my gmail account:

"Ingress" (for anything ingress-related that is dealt with)

"Ingress Pending" (for those portal submissions which have not yet been accepted)

I just keep the most recent item for each in "Ingress Pending", whether that's the Submission Received or the Not Approved email. It's reeeeally not so tedious to keep track of like this.

• JosmanuJosmanu ✭✭✭

it has been said before. niantic seems never cared about it dunno if it will change in the future, it seems it wont or they need to upgrade their systems for be able to