Kinetic capsule wrong information

From a couple a weeks now I'm receiving the in-game message saying that the kinetic capsule has completed 100 to 200 metres before it really does.

This is quite annoying because I then go to my kinetic to start it over again but it has not ended yet.

12 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• This is happening to me too..

• Nobody to help? Nobody facing the same issue?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes i have this bug too and many others, just restart client when it happen.

• Yes I have this exact same problem for at least the past 2 months. My scanner tells me the kinetic capsule is ready but when I check it it is exactly 0.2 km short. This happens every time now. It is incredibly annoying.

• hitnashitnas ✭✭

I have exactly the same problem, and the gap between the notification and the distance to complete the capsule is increasing. At that time it is 1.3 km, when I received the last notification my capsule was at 6.7/8 km.

• I got the same problem. Before the last update, restarting Ingress made the capsule finish, but now this isn't working anymore and the time between the notification and the effective completion of the capsule is longer: notification at 6:27pm, completion at about 8:30 in the morning.

Based on my personal experience, the notification applies adventure sync to calculate the distance, while the capsule does not count the adventure sync distance anymore.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

The same issue on my current ZTE Blade A7 2020,seems it can happen both with scanner off or on. For last time(right now) it told in alerts tab that kcap is ready but it is 6km :)) Bug is on latest 2.95(maybe was on 2.94 idk). App restart isn't solving this,ofc.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue has changed slightly, at least for me and some others. I’ve reported it in some of the other topics regarding the Kinetic Capsule.

My game now just says the capsule is ready when it isn’t. Before you’d restart the game, now you just have to check again and again to see if it’s actually done :)

• The error that the capsule is only really ready after a restart, is already a little older.

For a week, however, I notice that my kinetic capsule is not ready even after a restart.

I get the message and still have to run 8km so in the end double the distance.

I also have the fear that the run km with adventure sync are not credited to the capsule in the scanner, but only to the message in the comm.

This means the kinetic capsule currently counts only the km that are run with open scanner although the km of adventure sync are counted in the statistics.