Updates to temporary in-game changes on Thursday, 31 March 2022
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
edited March 2022 in News
As the world adjusts to a new normal, we continue to evaluate the impact of the temporary changes made in 2020 to Ingress on everyday gameplay today, and listen to Agents’ requests and feedback via a variety of avenues.
Shared earlier this month, the following temporary change will be returning to its original value, effective in one week, starting Thursday, 31 March:
- AP for Portal recharging will return to its original value of 10 AP, down from 65 AP.
- New: To offset this and encourage more play at Portals, we are implementing a new temporary change for Portal capture: Capturing a Portal will increase from 500 AP for first Resonator bonus to 675 AP. This means the total AP earned for the first Resonator deployed is 675 AP for the first Resonator bonus + 125 AP per Resonator, or 800 AP.
The following temporary changes remain in place and will be reviewed quarterly:
- Agents can deploy 2 L7 Resonators per Portal.
- Portal cooldown between hacks is 90 seconds.
- New: Capturing a Portal will increase from 500 AP to 675 AP.
The following temporary changes have been made permanent:
- Agents can submit 180 missions.
- Dronenet enables Agents to hack a Portal from anywhere and counts towards Sojourner.
- L10 Agents can review Wayspots with Wayfarer.
- L8 Agents on ARCore-supported devices can submit Portal Scans.
As always, we encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines (such as wearing masks and keeping at least six feet of distance from other people).
— The Ingress Team
Temporary Bonus Archive
Post edited by NianticOfficial on