The distance cheats for Kinetic capsules are here

NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

So, we knew it was coming. Pokemon Go lets everything slide, will they let it slide here?

Comments

• What have they gained by it?

• If they're spoofers, which this implies, then they are getting far more gear, and far higher quality gear with auto-glyphing tons of P8s. 5 VR shields or hack mods per day isn't of concern.

All they're doing is saying "Here have a black badge" which isn't really an achievement of any kind because people know the account is fake.

• Or maybe they have adventure sync on and don’t otherwise play much, this account isn’t a glyph master even.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The biggest issue is drift. I've seen players with tons of KM's walked since the introduction, but it's 98% drift.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I can get quite a bit of drift at work fairly easily if I leave my app open, minimize it and bring it back to the foreground. I bounce all over the place for a bit. I just have to remember to do it and not be busy at work to enjoy the easy gains.

I've seen several newer agents gain a ton of km walked in short periods of time, but they are also obvious pogo agents (under L8 but have like gold or higher Recon badgers). Either they already walk a ton, or they are using a physical device to cheat km walked for pogo and its spilling over into Ingress.

Google Fit is also easily "tricked". If you move your phone around in the air a bunch, it counts for steps. The Fitbit I wear on my wrist doesn't count me moving my arms around in the air as steps. Still miffed that Google Fit does a poor job at counting steps (stride) vs aa Fitbit.

Oh there is also an app that tricks Google fit into thinking you are walking as well. Only works for Android from what I've heard.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Adv sync is in ingress only sync november.

2500km between november and feb 24th (toast medal) ?

01/11 => 24/02 : 115 days so that's 22km every day.

doable, but doubts included

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's possible the account is older than November. If it was under level 3 during the anniversary, it wouldn't have received a badge.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

There are phone shakers that let you rack up large distances without doing anything but pushing a couple of buttons. That may or may not be what's going on with this particular account but there are probably people out there whose quantum cap alts also have kinetic caps that get auto-walked by a $15 gizmo they bought on Amazon.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be possible they are getting kms from someone else. I know that sounds weird, but my girlfriend gets distance on pikmin fron me walking, because I logged her onto my phone for pokemon go when she was housebound with covid. Even though I've logged her off months ago and before even pikmin came out, she keeps getting what I walk on it .... and her own distance as well

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

By the way, two and only two missions' being completed is a standard characteristic of bot-like account or spoofing sub-account. Which of course does not mean accounts with only two missions are all suspicious and should be seen as spoofers. But if encountering a lot of sub-accounts, anyone will instantly realize what I mean.

The screenshot presented in this thread can't tell much. I can't say it looks quite like spoofers. But still I don't agree with the "because they can do hacking by spoofing, they don't need distance cheat because they didn't gain much" theory. Talking further about "distance cheater", we've also seen many accounts with almost 0km trekker being lv8+ which can undoubtedly only be done by spoofing. Even though, forum replies will still try to justify such case. Thunderous deafening applause.

edited March 2022

They don't have to have valid reasons to spoof. They spoof because they can and they won't get easily banned, that's it.

They don't even have to hide themselves. Havn't you seen many "0km distance lv8 accounts screenshots" posted on the forum?

To assume that spoofers are rational is ridiculous. Spoofers are already not rational. Showing that other players can do nothing about blatant or not so blatant spoofing actions adds to the ego of some spoofers and would make them happy.

The screenshot here does not fully support the assumption of this accounts' a spoofer. The theory of "because they don't need to, so they are not spoofers" are far more wild.

• edited March 2022

Relooking at this, they have Gold Epoch, so they're playing every day for at least 8 weeks. Adventure sync hasn't been around that long, if they're getting 2500kms since it was added.

• I don't see what a gold epoch has anything to do in a discussion about kilometers on an account? It also has a bronze sojourner.....?

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

The player in question has been playing for 4 months. Stats are hidden, 2500km is the minimum they've done since adv sync. Its a Pokemon go player, tons of them use rockers to trick the health data. Another agent here has accrued several thousands of KMs since adv sync giving him unlimited hyper cubes, vr hack mods, and vr shields.

edited March 2022

If you encounter more and more spoofing sub-accounts you will notice this phenomenon. My assumption is that they (spoofers or bot controllers) intentionally do 2 missions to make the account look a bit more like real human accounts and 2 is the threshold they found, in terms of the detection for "has this player done missions". Doing more missions won't help further. Especially one illegal 3rd party Ingress account seller has been selling accounts leveled up by spoofing while most of them have 2 missions accomplished. Still, it's some sort of supplementary evidence when there is already something suspicious, not decisive proof.

• It means the account is hacking every day, not glyphing, but had 2500kms before any of the significant bronze badges, so they definitely didn't walk 2500kms then start playing the game.

• And why is that not possible?

Step 1. Make account

Step 2. Have game running in the background for months and playing a little bit

Step 3. Get a few more medals after onyx trekker.

Gold epoch only requires 8 week streaks, he could've easily been on 7 when he got onyx trekker, and the last 8th after onyx trekker.

• Adventure Sync has not been out long enough for someone to get to 2500kms through general walking. So the account would have had to have been open and not playing for a big chunk of that, for it to be legitimate.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an actual limit to daily distance accrued for the kinetic capsule. The maximum distance able to contribute to a Kinetic Capsule is 40km per day. Any distance above 40km walked within 24 hours will still contribute to the Trekker medal but will not be counted towards Kinetic Capsule programs.

• What? It's been out since November.

That's almost 5 months, aka 500 kilometers per month. That's super plausible. My Ingress buddy gets 25 km in ingress every workday.

How on earth is approx 18 kilometers (on a generous on steps fitness app) indicative of abuse?

The player could in theory walk 15 km and still be given 18 km through the fitness app, they don't actually measure distance, but steps.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Those that already cheat at Ingress or Pokémon GO won’t see a problem doing so with Adventure Sync.

I’d guess all you can do is report if you expect foul play, and play the regular way yourself.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

So the biggest offender in town forgot to have their partner hide their stats. Granted not as much as he does, but still gross. 1507km in a month, 222km this last 7 days. They have been pretty lazy with opening the capsules though.

This is basically spoofing.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

Oh don't worry I have, Niantic just isn't doing anything about it.

Silence or ignoring it is basically approving it.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

They can’t do anything about it because it is most likely the game that is doing the drifting.

I have a friend who’s phone does the same thing when he’s at home, drift around for ages. Maybe it’s because he lives in between two roads, idk; but is it cheating if you can’t do anything about it?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

if he takes advantage of it maybe its part of the problem..