Community

JayrockyJayrocky ✭✭✭

First off thank you guys for building a new place for ingress players to gather and discuss different topics. It it is greatly appreciated. I know we are in the very beginning stages of this, but have any discussions been made regarding the creation of an app to work in conjunction with the site?

Best regards.

Tagged:

Comments

• The team is focused on Prime so there aren't discussions of creating an app for this site, but I do appreciate your interest to increase communication and ease of doing so!

• The mobile website works okay as is. Couple UX things here and there but I'm sure they will get ironed out.

• JayrockyJayrocky ✭✭✭

Thank you @NianticScot for such a quick reply. I completely understand the direction the team is wanting to take. I agree with this motion 100% thank you guys and gals for all the hard work.

• JayrockyJayrocky ✭✭✭

Thank you @NianticScot for such a quick reply. I completely understand the direction the team is wanting to take. I agree with this motion 100% thank you guys and gals for all of the hard work.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I find a bit hard to track disscusions within the site. I would say there should be a way to subdivide them a bit more.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@NianticScot What if a 3rd party, such as myself, would like to come in and help build an app for these forums? It would be pro-bono and to the benefit of everyone involved.

• @Majeye thanks for the offer. Perhaps this is something we can discuss further. One question, that I don't know the answer to, is what technical options we have for doing so.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

@NianticScot Perhaps creating a private Github repo, and inviting trusted folks to create pull requests to it and have someone dedicated to look over the pull requests to merge them properly?

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

weird, typed out a comment, but it was lost to the void? haha Was trying to say that perhaps could create a private Github repo and invite trusted folks to the repo so that they may do pull requests? Then perhaps have 1 (or a few) dedicated folks to look over the pull requests to merge them should they fit the project requirements? As an admin for freeCodeCamp, this is how it is done for their project(s) as well. @NianticScot

• Thanks for making this. I love this community. Could y’all eventually allow us to add small bios and such. Possibly a “wall” of sorts to post ops and stuff on? That would be awesome.

• RedSoloCupRedSoloCup ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThePinkProphet I'll spin up a SITREP sub-forum for those.

• I wonder why do we have a rank of "likes" in here.

Everyone hates what i say and i will never be"upgraded" in this rank.

Anyway, we miss G+ and this will be helpfull

Thanks

• yeah, I got an email about my rank increasing but no idea what it means