Submission accepted but portal doesn't show up in Ingress

Hey all,

last week I submitted a candidate via Pokemon Go. The candidate was accepted, see screenshot below. But it doesn't show up in Ingress (and therefor not in PoGo either). Here some data:

Name: Infokasten Imkerei

Vorschlags-ID: g1XsrmObg2VLPO9bqxMTWGoSmsZnRjzMHY0TpC2K+5Q=

approx. location: 48.689477, 13.129610

Approval mail: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15SrwUrUWfvjPHRKcxTS5HwjZ5RuC6cSD

Any information on cases like that? Or do you need any additional information?

Thanks!

Comments

• did this portal ever appear I have a similar situation

• sophielabsophielab ✭✭✭

It may be too close to an existing portal.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

The email is in a language I cannot read, but my best guess is that your nomination was within 20m of another wayspot. Even if your nomination is approved, if it is within 20m of another wayspot, it will not show up in any game.

• I've been seeing this in my community as well. Have you ever had a candidate "accepted" in Ingress but not able to sync into the map?

"We've reviewed your Portal submission and believe it meets the Candidate Portal criteria. However, this candidate is too close to an existing Portal, so we're not able to bring it online at this time."

I assume that the text is so generic for PoGO nominations that these candidates are "accepted" but will never show up in the scanner.

I also back this claim up by seeing a screenshot of a friend's accepted nomination, but I was reviewing a nomination in the same area and her "accepted" submission did not show up on the nearby for possible duplicates.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I've received quite a few of those emails as I nominated a group of monuments in front of a courthouse or nominated multiple structures that are part of a coal mining museum. Or all the playgrounds and shelters at a neighboring park. It happens pretty frequently when you do a shotgun nomination spree by submitting every eligible candidate in an given area.