Kureze Effect - the Direction / Phase 2

Comments

• Seems to be one location per cell, at least in Europe. Speculation is that it depends on BB activity in phase 1.

"NIA also urges Agents to deploy Battle Beacons of any rarity on Portals they identify as potentially under the influence of Kureze Effect during the Phase 2 timeline (18-21 Feb). Trust your instinct. There is a reason"

Could mean these are then selected for Phase 3.

• Canarias

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

As per first post in thread, patience grasshopper its not february 18 yet.....

• Will more cities be revealed in the next days?

• Descanseenpaz tienes razón, en Canarias que hay una comunidad activa, que participamos en todos los eventos, siempre haciendo op, además de hacer todos los IFS mensuales, que en muchas regiones no hay, no entiendo como no salió ningún portan en nuestras queridas Islas Canarias.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch! Having a cell border go through Disney World really screwed you there, didn't it?

• You forget the island territories like the French overseas territories once again... 😥

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

U can still deploy bbs on any portals and get badge, need buy them from shop though.

• Pay to win! 🤬

It's not fair when you can't leave your island.

Any geographical area with gaming activity should have at least one target portal for the event. That would be fair !

• You don’t understand what i want from Niantic, we don't want to be forgotten on Ingress, we want to be heard…to be an a island with a lot of portals and Zero portal activated for the phase 2 of kureze, it is here the main problem.

• I don't have Battle Beacons. Give me free Battle Beacons.

• I imagine that they will continue to add more as the days go by 11 BB in Chile and ARGENTINA only 4 is it a joke?

• Same problem on Reunion island (French island in the Indian Ocean).

Several players, more than 2000 portals, constant activity but not BB planned :(

• Salut Agent, espérons que l’on soit entendu 😉 Nous sommes en Polynésie tout aussi bien actif…J’y croyais fort que quelques portails sur Tahiti soient sélectionnés pour l’événement car à la lecture de l’événement de la phase 2, il était stipulé que les portails ayant eu énormément d’interactions avec les joueurs étaient sélectionnés…Sauf que nous avons rien…Allez on va y croire jusqu’au bout ✌🏽

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
  • BreenzyBreenzy ✭✭✭✭

Please clarify this part

Selected Portals around the world will get ornamented between now and until 18 Feb 2022 1100 UTC

Why are there multiple different sets of ornamented portals? Will there be phases every 30 minutes? Did you mess up the first lot? Which ones should we pay attention to?

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Portals released every 12hours* pay attention to them all, In the same way phase one had multiple ornamented sets....

• Yesterday ornaments were visible across North and South America. As of this morning they are all gone. Seems as though only Europe currently has them displaying (with a few exceptions of South Africa and India and some scattered locations).

Hopefully more clarification on how this event will roll out will come soon. Closest location would have been an hour drive— and I would rather know sooner or later if it is worth me making a trip or not. I’m sure many others feel the same way.

• Yesterday some of the portals for my area that we used for Phase 1 (specifically the highest activity ones) lit up with the ornaments, then later that same night they disappeared. Could I get some clarification on what this means? We started organizing and planning our Phase 2 meetup, but now that the ornaments aren't there anymore we aren't sure if these will be used after all, need to know ASAP so we can start making meetup plans.

Were the ornaments removed because these portals were removed from Phase 2 or is this just a temporary glitch of some kind?

• Okay, as of now we've got rings again, this time we've only got 3 instead of 5. Could NIA please clarify why rings are coming in and out? I know the OP said rings would be appearing until 18 Feb 2022 1100 UTC, but they didn't say anything about them disappearing and this is just confusing and I'd appreciate some clarity.

• if that will works the same as in phase1, be aware,

if you capture portal + fully upgrade i t + also put mods to all 4 slots,

• then if you put a battle beacon and there is no action taken- like reso upgrade / mod deploy / recharge , then you dont get any points to medal ...

• Hopefully at least hack would count, but I am fully not sure in case of Niantic .. So, simply deploy battle beacon in advance - before portal capture / upgrade ,,, and wait untill init countdown ends, then take an action to ensure u'll recieve the badge points ..