Kureze Effect - the Direction / Phase 2

Comments

• High Agent activity means what

No of link made

No of capture made

No of portal distroy

Who will explain that

• "What we think we know about where the Kureze Effect will impact Portals is wrong."

I now call it the "Calvinball Effect".

• u mean this? 👇

Calvinball is a game invented by Calvin and Hobbes. Calvinball has no rules; the players make up their own rules as they go along, so that no Calvinball game is like another.

Rules cannot be used twice (except for the rule that rules cannot be used twice), and any plays made in one game may not be made again in any future games. The game may involve wickets, mallets, volleyballs, and additional sports-related equipment.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it really that hard to get together with two other agents who bought bundles? Or a recursed CORE membership has free ones?

• Sounds to me like phase 2 = show me the money 💰

• I had CORE active, as did my girlfriend. But we didn't see a reason to keep him active, so we turned him off, even though we had him from the very beginning. Since we don't have lvl16 yet, we only had an apex in our rewards, not BB.

I think if BB could be bought in 2 pieces, sooner people would collect and get a medal. In this way, 1 player would buy all BB and the other players would just "ride the wave".

• FMotaBraFMotaBra ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Hi @NianticBrian @NianticOfficial , good night!

This means that in cities such as: São Paulo - Brazil. Will we have NIASection14's Beacon Battle in Phase 2 in February? The city of São Paulo in phase 1 of the Kureze effect was in position 16 with large numbers of Battle of Beacon (295) deployed by agents.

I imagine that in many cities there were also many agents and many Beacon battles, phase 2 will be good for these cities. But... "deleting" the idea from phase 1 with the satellite cities already chosen may not have been a good idea, rethink about that for phase 3 of the Kureze effect.@NianticBrian

• SuZ912SuZ912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

@NianticOfficial @NianticBrian

Will NIA RBB spawn on both days of weekend, or just Saturday?

• So, no community effort possible then. How utterly boring.

If you want to make it travellable, make it the most central portal in each S2 L7 cell, which would mean what, 25km travel distance on average, can be done programatically, and you can even make it a kindof competition for agents to try and work out where their nearest portal is, you don't have to announce them. BUT there can still be a community activity.

It's not hard.

• North Sulawesi Indonesia...

• Can you confirm that ornaments will light up in potential target BB portals 24h before, as it happened in phase 1?

Thanks.

• Here's a good idea. Nothing is saying it won't be something like that.

One thing is clear. NIA wants to reduce the amount of (agents X km traveled) for this event. Spreading around BB is the logical thing to do.

Disclaimer: I took part in a phase 1 city, made 300km, had a lot of fun. If I knew RBB would span in my home town, or close by, I'd obviously would have stayed around, and coordinated with local agents. Let's see how it goes. I'm not in favour of one model or the other. NIA is testing, as usual...

• Wat zal de start tijd worden en wanneer meer info @NianticBrian ??over dit event

• Well, if the battle beacon location is going determined by agent activity then I guess I will be changing plans for Second Sunday to re-do the same missions over again which is boring instead of a new set in the nearby city that has a larger number of opposing agents and I don't want to go over there destroy stuff and get them battle beacons they can easily win just due to numbers. You may be discouraging normal game activity.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

What's the point in chopping off nose to spit face when nia have likely already determined locations anyway.....

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

So with the 5:30pm update:

Starting now, NIA will ornament Portals expected to be deeply affected by the Kureze Effect. NIA will deploy a Rare Battle Beacon on 19 Feb 2022 on those Portals when their level of Kureze Effect goes beyond the threshold. We expect such spikes to happen only between 1430 and 1730 local time.

NIA also urges Agents to deploy Battle Beacons of any rarity on Portals they identify as potentially under the influence of Kureze Effect during the Phase 2 timeline (18-21 Feb). Trust your instinct. There is a reason

Makes me wonder about the threshold statement.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

So should we be seeing portals ornamented now or later? I’m a little confused by this. I checked out some of the most active portals in the area and none are lit up.

• Still got no portal near to me . I am not able to understand which activity I am not performing.

• Does NIA really want everyone to participate in the event or they don't have the portal data with them .

• WOI NIA TAI LAH JAKARTA ADA 2 SPOT, JAWA TIMUR SAMPE KE PURWOKERTO ADA SPOT BB. BANDUNG MALAH KAGAK ADA. TAI AMAT DAH. NGOTAK DIKIT LAH

• Might be a progressive rollout of the ornaments across the globe, we have a few here in the Sydney CBD area.

• Oh, so you can see them on the intel map, this is cool! Thanks for sharing! 😃

• I couldn't find those Sydney ones on Intel. But I did find some when I looked at Tokio.

So maybe it is indeed phased by timezone.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Yeah you wouldn't of missed sydney by long, thru were still visable earlier...

Perth is currently still visable