Kureze Effect - the Direction / Phase 2

edited April 2022 in Anomalies

The #KurezeEffect appears to be spreading around the world and affecting a wide range of XM-rich locations. Our Researchers have not been able to narrow it down to a list of cities. It is almost everywhere, somewhat tied to the local level of XM activities. We expect to see Phase 2 of the Kureze Effect to take place during 18-21 Feb 2022 (72 hours), and to reach its maxima on 19 February 2022.

Starting now, NIA will ornament Portals expected to be deeply affected by the Kureze Effect. NIA will deploy a Rare Battle Beacon on 19 Feb 2022 on those Portals when their level of Kureze Effect goes beyond the threshold. We expect such spikes to happen only between 1430 and 1730 local time.

NIA also urges Agents to deploy Battle Beacons of any rarity on Portals they identify as potentially under the influence of Kureze Effect during the Phase 2 timeline (18-21 Feb). Trust your instinct. There is a reason

Kureze Effect FAQs: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/17975/kureze-effect-faqs

Kureze Effect Phase 1 References: Initial COMM | Locations | Interim Report | Final Report

NIA Procedure

• Selected Portals around the world will get ornamented between now and until 18 Feb 2022 1100 UTC. The ornaments will look like this:
  • Between 19 Feb 2022 14:30 to 17:30 local time, NIASection14 will deploy Rare Battle Beacons on selected Portals.
  • It is possible for a given Portal be deployed with a Rare Battle Beacon by NIASection14 more than once within Phase 2.

Scoring

The final score for each Faction will be the weighted total of all Rare or Very Rare Battle Beacons Point Values over all Checkpoints deployed between Friday, 18 Feb 2022 1100 UTC and Monday, 21 Feb 2022 1100 UTC (72 hours) across the globe. Each Battle Beacon will be weighted based on the Battle Category, which is based on offensive or defensive actions on the underlying Portals. From CAT-I to CAT-VI, the weighted values are 1-2-3-6-7-8 respectively.

For example, if a given Battle Beacon Score is Checkpoint 1: ENL 2; Checkpoint 2: RES 3; Checkpoint 3: ENL 4, and Battle CAT-V, then the Enlightened earn 42 points (6*7) and the Resistance earn 21 (3*7).

Each NIA-deployed Battle Beacon will be further given a multiplied weight of 5.

Results Announcements

Interim global results for each Faction will be announced periodically through in-app News Feed and Ingress Community Forum.

The final score for Phase 2 will be announced within 24 hours through in-app News Feed and Ingress Community Forum, together with:

• Top 10 Regional Cells with highest points scored in total
  • Top 10 Regional Cells with highest points scored by RES
  • Top 10 Regional Cells with highest points scored by ENL
  • Top 10 Regional Cells with highest percentage of points scored by RES
  • Top 10 Regional Cells with highest percentage of points scored by ENL

Kureze Effect Medal

Any Agent who has interacted with at least ten (10) Battle Beacons scored at any of the three Kureze Effect Phases will be awarded the in-app Kureze Effect medal. This medal will be awarded as soon as an Agent meets such criteria. Agents who have already been awarded the in-app Kureze Effect medal in the previous event phase will not receive a second medal in this phase.

For example, if an Agent interacted with 3 Battle Beacons deployed by XM Sensitive Agents during Phase 1 and interacted with 7 NIA-deployed Battle Beacons during Phase 2, they will receive the Kureze Effect Medal by the end of Phase 2.

To assist Agents in their efforts, the "Kureze Effect" metric will remain on your Agent Profiles for the duration of the Kureze Effect to help you monitor individual progress.

Also available during the season of Kureze Effect in the Ingress Store:

• Limited-time Kureze Effect load-out kit with re-release of the 2019 Victoria medal (30800 CMU)

As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.

— The Ingress Team

Post edited by NianticOfficial on

Comments

• So, this means we need to pick which portals we want to be targeted, and start hacking them until burnout everyday between now and February 19?

• I think it's all about those portals that have been flipping quit often from one faction to another. Of course deployes, bursters, links (in/out) are part of the equation. My question is: in Wich scale? X per cell? An S type cell? Like 1 portal in a s14 cell? (An example)

• Boo to no NIA beacons

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Fascinating

• Agent activity :deploying, creating links and fields, destroying.

It seems to me that the portals with the highest agents activity will be selected from the servers around the world . Although I may be wrong. Only from what period? From this information, or in general.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If agent activity means activity where many agents have interacted with a portal, I would still say previous anomaly sites could be a group. However, the mention of BBs not tied to cities has some concern on if we're going to see these way more spread out. "The direction" of how these will be played makes me think cells are valid playing grounds.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I would bet either portals with a lot of scans or with a lot of upvotes on the photos

• Portals with high Agent activity = ???

• Question: Will those cities from phase 1 have NIA deployed battle beacons as well for phase 2?

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

If it's activity Anyone with a couch that gets used a bunch will not be happy.

• Okay thanks for.... well what needs to be done come on this is so vague it's.....

• official Battle Beacons will no longer be tied to specific cities, but at portals with high Agent activity. Stay tuned.

And how that will decided

• if we already earn 10 Kureze, no need to participate in February and March?

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Would you just WAIT instead of **** the messenger. We need to see the cities first.

• PrettyUcccchyPrettyUcccchy ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Does it mean that the event date is just on Saturday, not including Sunday?

I remember the first announcement for February and March was both Saturday and Sunday: January - March 2022 Events Schedule: The Kureze Effect — Ingress

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it is a trick phrase, like "XM Sensitive agents." Put a battle beacon on any portal and it becomes a "high agent activity" portal, or so Niantic hopes. 🤷‍♂️

• Everything's gonna be alright

Nobody's gotta worry 'bout nothing

Don't go hitting that panic button

It ain't near as bad as you think

Everything's gonna be alright

• i see what you mean. you mean contribution to the faction winning, right? okay then. thanks 👍

my post earlier actually in the basis of earning the medal only, since we have done our battle, let other that not earn the medal do their own battle.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically you are saying : just keep the part where res win because of global uneven ratio ?

Not even trying to stay fair ? 😐️🤨

• in other words: if you live in a small town or around 300km there are few players, buy a super overpriced BB ... at least if it was that you can buy 1-2-5 pieces that the players would buy them together and not just one player .

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so no cities in phase 2 ?