The case of the 90 second cooldown

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

fast paced also makes the game too easy, nothing is realy a challenge anymore...

• Im ok if they increase to 3 mins cooldown, just not 5

Thatll make CHS a bit more balanced

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why they gave us heat sink mods. It was part of the calculations in how to play the portal.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

The games previous slower pace helped build communities. People would have to get together to build 8s and farm keys. That kind of gameplay seems to be lacking now with how quickly you can burn a portal out and move on to the next one. I agree that right now, given the ongoing pandemic, it shouldn't be happening.

I'm glad people are enjoying it as it exists, and I'll keep playing myself, no matter which way the mechanics shift, but I'll miss those old days at the same time.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

It's frequently a challenge to play with the lag. Deploying portals, or trying to link and field.

I guess if it gets reverted, we can wait for another hack while we wait for the lag?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

why do u asume things? what likes? i post my opinion which i have right this is a discussion afterall dont see where u are going with this. i still stand behind that game is too easy today with the current perks.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they want to increase the time between hacks because it actually takes longer to do things, in-game. Just actually nerf all functions so the game is playable again…

• BilleasBilleas ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

@mortuus 90 second cooldown is great! Grrr!

Post edited by Billeas on
  • Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Maybe the 5-minute cooldown is more favorable for agents who like to socialize and find a potential date. Yup, time to get moving and find a date for the New Year....lol. 😁😂🤣

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love for that to be true.

Actually it is about strategy, which Ingress is about, including real life time management for Ingress

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah right! Multi-tasking by hacking and asking someone out for a date. That's strategy and time management for you. So, how many persons were you able to ask for a date when you had the 5-minute cooldown back then? 😀😂🤣

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Time to get some disagrees for me,too. I don't like how Ingress became too easy with itoen-,Aegis nerf and 90s cooldown. Okay,easy example,whats the point of common heatsink exist now,excepting instant hack and hacklimit reset? Well,lets take cooldown off at all and make just skirmish,in this pov.

My opinion - 90 seconds should go away when it will be safe enough to stay outdoor.But from another angle i can understand that lots of Agents now are from "new wave", and won't like "hardcore" OG Ingress. I'd even imagine how noisy it will be if someone remove 3+- keys with "More" glyph,as it was. So,from this side,5 minutes is not an option too.How about 2-2,5 minutes cooldown,to fit both sides?

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

I don't believe that the 2 to 2.5 minutes cooldown is still not a good option because it won't be feasible for situations wherein one is farming keys for fielding and you have a deadline to meet. Not everyone is fortunate to have other teammates who can help you make a BAF or a mini BAF. The 2 to 2.5-minute cooldown is still bartering time to socialize in an uncertain time. Btw, are you trying for the speed dating time with this proposal of yours? 😀😂🤣

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

What would be the point then for Rare and Very Rare Heatsinks?