Niantic Social Feedback and Updates
Edit 12/14 @12:15pm: We have fixed two issues with notifications:
- Events created in the Official Community no longer sends a notification to every member of the Community.
- Notifications will no longer appear in random languages.
It’s been amazing to see all of the buzz, messages, and feedback so far..thank you! We have a couple of quick updates:
- We have created two new sub-categories within this Niantic Social forum space for Bug Reports and Feature Requests. This is the best way to make sure that your feedback gets seen by our team as we will be closely monitoring here. However, we will also be keeping an eye out for general feedback in the Official Community on Niantic Social.
- Please do not create new text channels in the Ingress Official Community (code: whnepURT).
Please do not create Events in the Official Community. Doing so currently sends a notification to everyone in this public community, which we will be hotfixing shortly.
- Attempting to send a Niantic Social invite via Agent name within an in-line @mention is currently bugged. You may still invite via the sender line and Agent Profile.
- Brand new Ingress users may see an infinite spinner when loading Niantic Social for the first time. This happens if you go through the Ingress tutorial too quickly and immediately try to click on the Niantic Social button
- If you notice your Friends List disappear within Niantic Social, please try opening another Niantic game and then reload Niantic Social from Ingress
Some notifications are being sent in different languages
- We’re also looking into invalid usernames due to our language filter
Post edited by NianticOfficial on