Ingress Year Nine: Persistence
Monday, 15 November 2021 marks the 9th Anniversary of our research on XM together. Amongst all new investigation technologies delivered in the past 12 months, which one is your favorite?
- Scanner News Feed - access latest intel and announcements on features, events, and community highlights
- Portal History - display unique Portal visits, captures, and Scout Controlled Portals via both the Intel Map and Scanner Map Layers
- C.O.R.E. Subscription - standing for Community, Offers, Recognition, and Expansion, is an optional monthly subscription service for Ingress Agents
- Hackstreak - obtain bonus items and AP through hacking Portals every day, with an even larger bonus for hacking 7 days in a row
- Dronenet Layer - display other Agents’ Drones on Portals
- Mission Day Second Sunday - awards a Mission Day achievement count to Agents fulfilling respective Ingress Mission completion requirement
- Key Locker Expansion - increases number of Key Lockers an Agent can use to a permanent cap of 6
- NL-1331X US Summer Tour - the Mobile Research Unit hit the road again during August to #MeetYouOutThere and met with hundreds of Agents
- Adventure Sync - improved distance tracking for Trekker and Kinetic Capsule Programs, even when the Scanner isn’t open
- Portal Scan Meshing - leverages Niantic Lightship Real-Time Mapping to better show Agents on newer devices what has and hasn’t been scanned
Going forward, we continue working to deliver exciting features to your Scanner. Second Sunday has been great in encouraging exploration and we would like to explore new ways to achieve this same goal. In-person events have always been on our mind. We have already started reaching out to Ingress Mission Days that were proposed for 2020, in preparation for accepting new applications as the world becomes ready in 2022.
To commemorate #IngressYear9, the following bonuses will be in effect between 15 November 2021 17:00 UTC and 29 November 2021 17:00 UTC:
- 2X AP for all actions
- 2X deploy L8 Resonators
- Drone cooldown reduced to 9 mins
- 2X hack output of building gear (Resonators, Power Cubes) from friendly Portals
- 2X hack output of attack gear (XMP, Ultrastrike) from enemy Portals
- Temporary boost of Inventory Cap to 2,180 for non-C.O.R.E Subscribers (15 Nov 17:00 UTC to 29 Nov 17:00 UTC), and double Loadout at C.O.R.E. Subscription and Renewal in the next 30 days (15 Nov 17:00 UTC to 15 Dec 17:00 UTC)
The Persistence Year 9 medal will be awarded to all Agents who’ve earned more than 0 AP from the Year 8 Anniversary (15 November 2020) through the end of Year 9 Anniversary celebrations (29 November 2021).
Medal distribution will take place some time after the Bonus period ends on Monday, 29 November (PST) and follows the same Medal tiers as Year 8:
- Bronze: Level 3
- Silver: Level 9
- Gold: Level 13
- Platinum: Level 15
- Onyx: Level16
Recursed Agents will receive Onyx Medals.
In the Store, we have prepared the following:
- Free Persistence Bundle (0 CMU; single redeem; for accounts older than 30 days)
- Fracker (1)
- ITO EN Transmuter - (1)
- ITO EN Transmuter + (1)
- Celebrating Persistence Bundle (1,000 CMU; max 10 purchases per account)
- Fracker (1)
- 2021 NL-1331 Digital Kit (19,000 CMU; single purchase); Note: The Digital Kit will be available to all Agents regardless if you have the NL-1331 2020 medal or not. Please double-check you do not have this medal before purchasing.
The 2021 NL-1331 Digital Kit includes:
- “NL-1331 2020” Medal
- Power Cube (40)
- XMP Burster (40)
- Resonator (40)
- Aegis Shield (2)
- Very Rare Multi-hack (8)
- Very Rare Portal Shield (8)
- Very Rare Heat Sink (8)
- SoftBank Ultra Link (2)
- Quantum Capsule (2)
- Jarvis Virus (2)
- ADA Refactor (2)
Thank you to all Agents for being a part of our global Ingress community. Stay tuned for Year 9 statistics and messages from the Ingress Team! Do share your stories and SITREPs of your favorites ops, events, and Portals on social with the #IngressYear9 hashtag.
As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet/two meters of distance from other people). For the latest on in-game events and feature updates, be sure to check COMM > NEWS.
— Ingress Team