Niantic Lightship Ingress Loading Screen Missing ?

@NianticBrian while now having the 2.83.1 release of Ingress i thought you stated & showed that you have updated the loading flow screens to show off the lightship upgrades with a fancy logo and loading screen as per your 2.83.1 post...i now just have a black screen where i guess it is supposed to be...so my current flow is niantic logo screen -> black screen 10 seconds -> niantic ingress prime screen with disclaimer + build id -> location globe -> black map screen with stuck disclaimer ???

Wheres my posh niantic lightship screen...its the small details i get the most excited about. (Im joking y'all)

See the video link below.

Tagged:
1 votes

Investigating · Last Updated

Comments

• Can you share your device model name, Android or iOS version, and whether you’re connected to 4G/5G or Wi-Fi? Ingress 2.84.1 is the current release version, so if you haven't already updated to 2.84.1, please also download the latest update.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

@NianticBrian the latest version ONLY came through to me today as theres always a 5 day delay from when you announce a new version on the community to when i get it on Google Playstore and its still the same on 2.84.1 as per the above video i linked you to.

I did videos on both 4G/LTE and Wifi but no difference at all

See the below link for 2.84.1

Device Model Name:- Nokia 7.1 (HMD Global), TA-1100

Android Version:- Android 10 (Pure Google Android One) with Latest 2021 Security Patch:- October 2021,

Connected to 4G/LTE when walking & Wi-Fi at Home.

• @NianticBrian OK...we are now 2 Months on from this question and no updates and we are now in 2022 with version 2.88.1

Theres still no re-occurance of the Niantic LightShip Logo upon startup which you would think would be an easyish fix on a minor patch update rather than a full update.

I supplied my device details as you asked but unless its only working on iOS then im thinking it could just be an issue on Android.

See startup video below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/dKwXbpLF0cs