Update on Game Latency, Missing Wayspots, and the Roadmap

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah u have learned by now to adapt to the lag until they actually fix this its not much u can do just keep playing but it sure is annoying this long and still not fixed proper, reminds me of comm how long those were broken

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

FOMO is keeping me playing. Won't be like that for much longer though. We'll see once the events are over.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, kind of a little bump/reminder of the gameplay we’re experiencing during their anniversary event, lol

My only goal was to hit 16 with the boosted AP. I did that on day one of the event, at this point, will randomly work on medals and keep an eye out for medaled events, otherwise, thinking my time is better spent elsewhere.

updating the scanning mechanics once a month and ignoring blaring issues with the game isn’t working for me at this point…

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. I'll get the bonus CORE loadout and dropt the subscription again. One year of donating money and have yet to see any progress on the 'changes' it would bring. Shamefull.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

You have to exit the view and go back in for the update. At least this still updates, the XM is just visual, it's being drawed multiple times, not being picked up or updated in realtime. :(

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I came back to forum for first time in two weeks because of lag to see if there is an update.

But of course there is none.

Might check back in 2022.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not buying any boosts due to the lagggggg. It was painful enough to watch them count down during double AP when you couldn't do anything.

I was off work all last week. Highs in the upper 60s to mid 70's (Freedom units!). And I barely played. Main reason? I'm tired of the lag.

If I'm not playing that much, at this point, I'm thinking that I don't really need my CORE subscription anymore. Why do I need an extra 500 slots if I'm not going to be playing much?

I cancelled mine a couple of days ago. Need to go through my keys and start getting my inventory back down closer to 2,000.

edited December 2021

I scanned this thread, but didn’t see it mentioned, at least as being fixed. I’ve had 3-5 portals approved and haven’t had my stats updated. I have received keys though.

Is this one still being investigated?

edit: found an ongoing thread in the bug section. More or less no response from anyone at Niantic, which isn’t surprising. Maybe the Niantic team believes that communicating is ignoring the community until it’s fixed and then communicating that it’s been fixed. Even if that fix takes months.

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • Bump. I reeeeeelly hate losing portals when I have the hypercubes to save them.

• Ingress: The Latency.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Cancelled my subscription as well.

Niantic not fixing latency primary reason.

• Apoyo la iniciativa cancelo mi suscripción la latencia es horrible

Found a new sub game for the lag problems. Being able to pick up more gear than you should be able to.

🤣

As another agent mentioned, new subgame to see how much over cap you can go!

I somehow managed to pickup 2 extra capsules.

Hope I don't break the game with this new sub game.

• Yes I saw they were not sharing details, that’s why I’m asking them to do it ;)

Already brought friends thanks

• Que tal ordenar las llaves según la cantidad de llaves como un criterio?

Videolockers...

Ganar algo con los ciclos... Dividir los ciclos según las estaciones del año y una meta de ciclo según la estación, y así tener una medición que nos mueva el lograr algo especial al término de ciclo.

@ace remember when I tagged you in comms about the lagg issue during the Y9 celebration? You said that you were looking into it. So, what's the p00p? (Mash reference)

Do you have any further information on it? Does anyone know what the cause is?

Agents mostly stopped reporting it because it's a daily occurrence. It's a frustrating issue. Even more so than it appears that Niantic/Ingress doesn't seem to care about it. It should be a critical bug. But it sure feels like it's being swept under the rug and ignored.

Many agents play less due to this issue. Many agents have dropped their CORE subscription due to this issue. Many agents have dropped their reviews in the various app stores due to this issue. It's hard to get new agents to play the game as is but when they have to deal with the lagg when they are learning to play sure doesn't help with player retention.

What is your response on this issue? Still looking into it? Are we going to have any answers in the near term? Or is Niantic/Ingress going to continue to seemingly ignore the problem?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I just played a solid hour and deploying resonators was super fast. Deploying, upgrading, linking, everything was super fast and responsive. On top of that, whilst walking home with the screen off, I got a notification that my kinetic capsule was done!

please, please, please take a look at whatever is working now, and repeat!

I did a ton of recharging during FS and didn’t have any issues surprisingly. Kept waiting to hit that wall and it worked out.

Not surprised to see continued silence from Niantic. Their way of not having to admit there was an issue I imagine. Should have someone coming in shortly to say, welp, looks like we’re good, we’ll close the thread now.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not resolved, I've had latency since my euphoric experience. Still hope someone will look into differences and figure out the cause though. Wish it was always as snappy as earlier today.

I’ll be honest, I’ve been playing PoGo way more these days because of issues like the latency issue, missing wayspot issues and a game that feels very stagnant. So I haven’t really been doing much for actions that would trip the latency/lag problems I’ve seen in the past.

Some days it seems like it's fixed but then you just want to cap those two new portals and one works great and then the 2nd one just hangs when you try to cap it.

I've played more Orna in my time off over the holidays than Ingress mainly due to the frequency of the lag issues.

• Have they cracked the lag yet?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, no. Had to restart several times today, and even after restart the game was sluggish.