Update on Game Latency, Missing Wayspots, and the Roadmap

Comments

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it’s worth, it is terrible at the moment. Trying to field some portals with apex, already lost 7 minutes waiting for this game to finally respond.

but scanner communication error is preventing me from actually playing.

• Thank you for the update! I appreciated the Back to the Future reference :D

• @NianticThia I understand that the root cause and solution are still under investigation, but has Niantic at least confirmed the link between internal reviews and missing Ingress portals? Has there been any work or testing done as far as just NOT giving the ability to accept submissions outright, and only allow internal rejections for PRP or abuse reasons?

Community reasearch seems to indicate that this issue would stop recurring if the paid-or-intern in-house reviewers would just stop marking things as accepted.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

tbf, it's "Update on [...] the Roadmap". Although short, Thia gave us the update that a roadmap for 2022 and beyond is planned in Q1 of 2022.

• maybe an event for the first one year of "CORE" in thanks for the contribution of the most loyal players, one month give the badge, maybe another using the stat "Months Suscribed"

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

An event scored on the number of months people have had a paid subscription? Really bad idea.

A celebration of one year of CORE could be a good idea, but not with scoring based on a paid feature and which increments once per month.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

And nothing about the submitted reports by users. Or if it's helpful, please continue to do so. :/

Funny, the most technical 'analysis' of this issue is posted by a user.

• edited October 2021

I hope that soon the issue of deleting portals "without photos", "inappropriate location", "portals with difficult pedestrian access", portals that appeared in early September will be resolved ... It became unpleasant to play!

I would also like to raise the issue of approving mission banners. Many beautiful missions, for some unknown reason, disapprove or approve of all but one mission. Agents want loyalty.

For a long time, I brought about 70 agents into the game, I try to develop and promote the game in my city and in Russia. And I, like other agents, have the right to a decent and high-quality game. I hope that with the onset of 2022, the problems with the game and the portal network will be resolved.

Thanks.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

The screenshots were taken a few days ago.

the owner of the portal is unknown.

• Facebook authorization is break. I cant logon w facebook account/

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I wonder if Niantic realizes that certain tiers of cloud computing don't include SLAs on processing/networking latency.

• So what we know right now, is that we don’t know anything. Glad someone is aware at least, but this seems to be dragging on quite a bit...

• Otrera35Otrera35 ✭✭✭✭

Are you concerned that the Adventure Sync will be exploited in Ingress Prime just like in PoGo wherein some players use the sock method while others build a Pokemon Go Egg hatcher?

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

When are we getting an update on the lag issue? It's maddening when you are having portals attacked.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

still bad deploy lag earlier this morning, and double ap event with 9min drones havent started yet.. i fear the worst :/

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried some fielding and noticed the same. Several times in 30 minutes. The event is going to suffer massively.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to share that another issue which allowed for more Portals was sorted super quickly, yet this is outstanding.

• Hi @NianticThia ,

related to the waypoints problem I noticed something that it is here still not mentioned (or at least I did not find it). When a not-appearing-waypoint in ingress finally pop in ingress, the submitter doesn’t get the key nor the point in “portal discovered” stat.

On sunday 7 November 2021 my stat for portal discovered was at 752. Since then I got 3 positive portal evaluations. None of these immediately popped in ingress. However, since then 2 of the 3 did. However my portal discovered stat is now at 753 and I didn’t get the keys for these 2 portals. The additional point in my stat is, for what I noticed from another accepted portal (but before Sunday) that popped in ingress on Monday.

Can you also have a look on that?

thanks in advance and have a nice day

• Do you not realize that the latency bug also affects linking, modding, recycling items, using power cubes and hacking, not just recharging and deploying resonators? Or are you only going to fix recharging and deploying and leave the rest unfixed?

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. @NianticThia it might seem that it only affects resos and recharge, but really it affects all actions above - it's just deploying resonators and recharging are the most common actions, so they lag more often.

• Bryan8916Bryan8916 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

One of the most obvious ways to notice the lag is to try to do fielding plans with battle beacons. Sending out 40 links used to be easy with 30 to 45 seconds left. With the lag we've switched to using only 2 softbanks and 24 links and sometimes having the same time left over as if we did 40 links. The lag is in every part of the game. It's just more noticeable in recharging and deploying since those seem to be the most common actions.