2022 - The Return of Live Events?(!)

edited October 2021 in Events

I mentioned in my update related to game latency and missing POIs that in Q1 we will be planning for 2022. I will be pushing for live events (among other things) where it's safe to do so.

Knowing that...

Besides Anomalies, what types of live events or challenges would you like to see?

Comments

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Soon™

• I never got to participate so I don't know if this is a good idea or not but so many agents have told me it's a bad one lol

• If you think that's likely to happen, it suggests to me that many people in your area may not be interested in meeting up, and they may not participate in in-person IFS (or would go, hack the registration portal, and leave, if they're mainly interested in the badge).

• I would like upcoming live events to be similar to FIELD TEST. Personally, one of the best events in which he brought together many agents who had already stopped playing. And the dynamics of having online statistics and managing a ranking was something that motivated you to follow.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

F2F FS where possible. Build a story arc that leads to anomaly Q3 or Q4 2022 where it is safe to do so.

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

This has been our local experience. We've had in-person meetups for the last 3+ IFSs with less than 5 people in physical attendance. Many locals are itching for official support for in-person, but won't make it a priority to attend the unofficial meetups (myself included). The registration portal and 2xAP makes the event feel so much different. This is coming from a community that recently had 30+ attendees (possibly 50+) for an NL event.

• edited October 2021

You said "People dont wanna video chat, they want too grab a beer together and meet in person but as long as the FS rules are what they are they will stay at home."

That's contradictory. They obviously prefer to stay at home and get the badge. If they prefer to grab a beer together and meet in person, they will do that, because nothing in current IFS rules say they cannot do so.

Anyway, I'm not saying there shouldn't be in person IFS. I enjoy them myself and would love to see them return. I'm merely pointing out how you can have in person IFS right now. IFS is also organized by FevGames, not Niantic, so that's where you should lobby instead.

• CrownanCrownan ✭✭✭

And no one will attend those in person FS with the reasons I mentioned. Obviously they will stay at home , press recharge one time and no selfie required and get participation.

• An event that would like to exist and appealing to the nostalgia of beta agents, it would be interesting to have the challenge of playing Ingress as in the beginning, collecting Exotic Matter from the ground and not being able to use the energy cubes and other functions that only they had.

• I think regional shards, (or a shards challenge at IFS) would be really awesome. But a continuation of the storyline that doesn't fizzle out like it has previously would be really awesome. Add in the suggested redfection (https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/7781/redfection-the-xm-parasite/p1) as a global challenge, with unpaid badges, and you've got yourselves a golden nugget☺️