Incoming Drone challenge/medal?!

ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in General

Got two new pieces of media this afternoon. Curious when we’ll see the resistance drone. I see Enlightened and this purple one that’s neutral maybe? (Just added the res drone)

But for real, what does it mean? Any ideas? I’m hoping for a unique drone hack medal or maybe some sort of challenge over a week or two with ten minute cooldown timer. Maybe a neutral drone that travels along links, exploration only?

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
Tagged:

Comments

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

The second one is the Res drone.

I take that back, just double checked the artwork, and it's something different.

• It's the drone that has been marked "neutral" in the past. It's also the one that's on the Maverick medal.

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

When drones first appeared on the scanner wasnt it the same for both factions? I'm guessing the "neutral" one is the original Mark I, and now we have Mark ENL and Mark RES....

• maybe there will be very rare drone item, maybe

• jjavierjjavier ✭✭✭

i hope we can have a new drone type. for exploring or interacting with other drones.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe new drone skins.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The original Mk I looked very different from the "Neutral" drone we have now and which is also marked as Mk II

Original (Mk I):

Neutral (Mk II):

• Maybe drones are about to be faction-neutral. So if you see 3 drones on a portal, you won't know how many are your faction or the opposite faction.

But what I'd LOVE is if the drone could see if it's been to a portal before or not!

Increased range would be nice too!

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Drones were ‘faction neutral’ (technically) before they were ‘updated’ and the Dronenet layer was added so they were visible. Highly doubt they’d go back to the Mk. I .

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps an event where Nemesis/Umbra/whoever releases their own Drones which would be the neutral looking ones for players to take down off portals.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

If Brian hinted the three corporations (Visur, Hulong, and IQTech) with the drones, we obtained the blueprints of the Mk 1 drone from a previous First Saturday.

The blueprints that leaked were then used by the corporations (minus IQTech where they simply improved their original design). My thinking is since NIA and Hulong have a temporary alliance from the Eos Protocol - the "neutral" drone is Hulong in which their drones are not visible in the scanner.

Hulong even hints about the drones in the conversation above.

• I'd love if the new drone had a button that would open a view of adjacent map squares. I understand that map loading takes a lot of resources. But showing an inconsistent distance REALLY harms the drone game (and makes a lot of people HATE it). You shouldn't HAVE to have a key, and fool around with it until your fingers are bloody, to see a portal that is 800m-1k away. If we had a button (or some way to trigger it), Niantic could default to show as they do now, and agents could request a slightly extended view as they need it.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

Let's hope not

• edited October 2021

Looks like the Media all have "IQT" in the name (e.g. "IQTDroneRes" and "IQTDroneEnl") so they are likely all built by IQTech. My money's on either an NPC drone that interacts with other drones/players, or a hackable drone that the player can override and temporarily use.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Yes, the original drone is from IQ Tech

Mk 2 was an update to this design which is what I'm inferring as each corporation improved upon.

Note that the neutral one has no faction but it's showing XM?

• Right, I'm referring to the three latest Mk II designs. The Media that dropped over the weekend included "IQT" in the name of every image, like so:

It would be strange to have one for each corporation, but still call them all "IQT" drones.

• Here’s what I noticed:

1. the background noise is different for each image, despite the fact that the background is the same.
    2. the file appears to exhibit compression artifacts. Given the quality of the price, this sticks out as something odd.
    3. one of the buildings has an arrangement of windows in a 15x31 grid. The product of these two numbers is a mersenne prime, often used in public key encryption.
    4. the patterns of the dark windows don’t look random; they are more reminiscent of old punch cards, indicating a potential hidden message.
  • How is 15 x 31 a Mersenne prime? Anything times anything is not a prime number. Additionally, 466 isn't 2 to the anythingth power... 2**31-1 is Mersenne, but I can't get the 15 in there. @MantacidTech (Mostly just wanted you to know that someone read what you said.)

I like the punch card idea better. HEX was base 16, but if you dropped the 0 you'd have 15...

• DroneDogFight 🤪

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope next medal will be a real event not a couchDrone lame task

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
  • I'll be very interested to see if some point we seem natural drones on portals, or if in a event we can choose to be on that team for a while.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

So did that media end up being nothing but a few pieces of artwork. I dug around in the artwork for several hours hoping for clues and got nothing

• Yeah no I didn't find anything either. I went through old and new files for 3 days and found nothing that might relate or tell me something, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.