Started out Enlightened but game switched me to Resistance

Hey there! I’m new to the game and really enjoying it so far. Only problem is, while out last night hacking portals, etc a screen popped up and next thing I know it’s telling me I’m with the Resistance as opposed to Enlightened which is the faction I chose upon creating my account.

is there any way this can be fixed? I’m a little confused as to why that happened.

2 votes

Working On A Fix · Last Updated

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you cross 40 000 total AP gained yesterday, by any chance? In that case, new agents will get a one time choice of changing their faction or keeping it, in case you feel like your region is unbalanced, for example. In that case, you'll probably need to open a support ticket to reset your account and to switch faction again.

• Thank you for replying!

Yes I did. I was about to hit level 4 when it happened…the screen popped up so fast while I was playing and then it was gone. For a minute i thought it was an in game thing…like the Resistance messing with me or something lol. Now I know that’s not the case.

Hopefully support can sort it out. Guess in the end it doesn’t matter what faction I’m with because I’m having such a blast playing…so much so that I’ve barely touched pogo since picking up Ingress.

thank you again for responding!

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

In that case, keep playing! A faction change via support means that you'd lose all your items and be reset to L1. If you don't really care what faction you belong to, it would suck to restart from scratch again. Welcome to Ingress, Agent!

As a side note, I'd recommend every new player to read this guide. If you do switch back to Green, just flip the colors in your head, both factions have the same gameplay.

• @AcornDee during the New Agent Training, you pick a temporary Faction to learn how to play Ingress, and then you choose your permanent (until Recursion) Faction right before your unlock Access Level 4. It sounds like that screen may have popped up while you were playing and recorded an accidental tap or Faction selection. Our Ops Team will need to address this and you can follow up privately through the in-game Contact Us flow Main Menu > Settings > REPORT PROBLEM (in the Help Center section). Thank you.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

I've always called those screens "Jump Scare" screens as they pop up when you least expect them during the initial training levels...and I found myself swearing at ADA & JARVIS even though they are A.I animations.

I admit I actually hoped for more of these through the level up progress like "Scanner has detected a Rogue Agent/Friendly agent near by conceal yourself" through the speaker or headset/earpiece if connected but I suspect most agents don't have there audio on to stay invisible anyways.

But yes I agree that screen is a bit oddly placed and when it pops up mid play an accidental tap can confuse and register the Faction Swap...and a slight A.I Fight could then take place of pushing each other off your scanner but this could all be done in the tutorial mode of 3/4 levels before completing training and earning a badge then going into live agent play at level 1 in my eyes & locking the tutorial off from being reactivated until recursion.

Or am I thinking too far ahead @NianticBrian

• I just accidentally switched faction and now I am desperately attacking portals owned by me...