Ingress 2.79.1 Release Notes
NianticBrian Niantic › admin
edited September 2021 in Release Notes
• Added the
Latest button to quickly jump down to the latest COMM activities, alerts, and chat messages when reading older updates.
• Updated map tiles from March 2021 with new transportation and building information.
• Fixed: COMM doesn’t fill the width of the device.
• Fixed: COMM feed is shifted to the left or appears blank when opening COMM.
• Fixed: Black vertical line overlaps the right side of COMM updates.
• Fixed: Agent Header overlaps Drone Footage and Remote Portal View.
• Fixed: Darkened visualization makes it difficult to see Portals during Portal Scanning.
Post edited by NianticBrian on
Great update! 😁
There are a few known issues that we're still working on, but we wanted to release these fixes in the meantime:
Latestbutton to jump to the bottom.
Good up :)
Comm fixes are always expected. 👍
That's good news.
Any update about the progress bar/loading informing to us the progress of the upload of nominations/scans?
Also, don't hold the game UI when uploading nominations?
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen, or any links or fields on them are not shown, or nearby portals are not shown. Have to go into portal details and then out, or out of portal view to key list and them back to have everything properly showing.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
13. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down. Yes, it doesn't scroll back up after we scroll down, but we don't need to have to scroll down or use workarounds like selecting different tabs and then go back to the tab we need.
14. Me: *starts recharging a portal* ADA: Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged... Me: *stops recharging the portal* ADA: ...Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged...
1. Change the portal layer to see portals visited with drones. Current portal layer that allows to see drones is useless at best (I personally don't care about the drones I returned while doing something I wanted to do with some portals and I also don't care how many times my drone got forcefully returned) and encourages drone hunting at worst.
2. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
3. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
4. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
5. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
6. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
some of these issues are so annoying. What bugs me lately is the XM. It’s being layered more and more, and it’s no longer updated in real time. You used to see XM disappear when any agent was walking around you picking it up. This now only happens when you pick up the XM yourself. To see accurate XM you have to restart the game every time. :/
Please clarify what you mean by bug 7 - the description as is sounds like expected behaviour - both reasonable and as Redacted was.
The portal requires less than 1000 XM to fill. Why would you expect 1000 XM to be taken?
Behaviour I have observed in Redacted, and Prime, for a portal that is (mostly) charged):
What are you experiencing as (or expect to be) different?
Let's say the portal I am recharging needs about 800-900XM more to be fully charged. This is less than 1000XM, so I would expect I need one more charge, right? Instead, one charge takes about 500-600XM, and then the last charge of 200-300XM brings it to full charge.
"Latest" in polish is "Najnowsze" or "Ostatnie" not "Przycisk, który gracz może nacisnąć, aby przewinąć na dół listy i przejść do ostatnich (najnowszych) wiadomości" (A button the player can press to scroll to the bottom of the list and go to the latest (most recent) news) for God's sake...
I mean hey, as far as I'm concerned, that's the best explained button in the scanner :D
They probably mixed up button name and button description 😃
Don’t worry, the XMAs have been beta testing and finding all the bugs for us peasants. Surely that wouldn’t make it to the play store/App Store…
To paraphrase from the preface of many a Ph.D. thesis: The XMAs and Vanguards may share in any successes of finding and stopping bugs from being released, but any failures belong to Niantic and Niantic alone.
Niantic is the author of the app. The responsibility for its contents and behavior is ultimately their's.
I know, I was aiming to be sarcastic and a little snarky, hehe ;)
This is the same as Redacted. It is a consequence of a single charge never giving any resonator more than 1/n of the 1000XM, where n is the number of resonators which can take charge.
I find the current behaviour just as logical as the behaviour you expect. Since the intent was to have Prime behave the same way as Redacted, this does not look like a bug to me. It would perhaps help if Niantic were to pick this up and state intended behaviour.
It works (and worked) different and is not a bug. Your 1000 of XM is split equally for each resonator to be charged, and the remainer is given back to you. This way if one reso needs 200xm and the other needs 800xm, and the rest are full, your 1000xm charge will be split on 500xm per reso. So then it will full charge first reso, and charge 500xm (remaining 300xm) on the second reso, and you'll have 300xm back as a remainder after charging the first reso (500-200). So entire charge would require 1000xm but actually only take 700xm.
I don't remember having this in Redacted, but I might be wrong. I'll keep an eye on this, especially with portals that have the same level resonators on them and that only decay and are not being attacked.
@Robert4444 thanks for the heads up. We'll update this button text to
Najnowszein an upcoming release.
So much has changed to good in this game. Why not a possibility to change language on android devices?
Please add a language selection or an easier switch for English on android devices. Ingress in English would make it better to share screenshots international on events and more. If you consider that, I will rate 10 of 10.
Just a heads up that I updated our release notes above with a new change that we pushed this afternoon:
• Updated map tiles from March 2021 with new transportation and building information.
Also, I really wanted to clarify that the purpose of the Vanguard and XM Ambassador programs is not specifically to identify bugs in the Beta releases — VGs and XMAs are advocates for the global Agent community who help our team hear and better understand the pulse of the community. They have a brief period of early access to our Beta release channel so they know what's in this release, but they aren't our Quality Assurance or QA Team. If you're frustrated with something in the game, please let me or our Ingress Team know; there's no reason to direct that frustration towards a VG or XMA.
There were no frustrations, just a little jab. I have given pretty thorough feedback in the release note threads previously & elsewhere here on the forums and never got any sort of acknowledgment from anyone at Niantic.
What do we do if Ingress team doesn't respond to (downright ignores) any negative feedback? And the situation didn't get better with the new community specialist: people still talk to a wall. General section of the forum is the most obvious example. All open letters, all concerning topics - no response. Ingress team only responds to the topics that someone from the team creates - like release notes topics (and not always) - and ignores the rest.
we need AMA back Brian - you know the community loved those and miss them since Krug left. Perhaps something you could look into getting back.
Well it seems that one of the biggest issues with the game has finally gotten some love. Comms seems to be working a lot better. Can't say enough about it yet, but it's hopeful.
However some of these little annoyances get no love. For instance the fact that I still see all timestamps in 12 hour format, even though I have 24 hour format selected on my phone. This was changed without any notes in an update almost (if not more) than a year ago and it's still not sorted. How hard can it be to revert this change that was made...
Props to the 'Lightship' update, it's great to see all those additional photo's finally show up in game ;)
I'm really confused that we have to reach you on Twitter for some issues related to Ingress. An acknowledgement of things on here saves some trouble for agents, Niantic, and especially yourself.
"Latest" button is cool, but unfortunately is doesn't appear when tapping on activities in the bottom right corner. It will still show old activities and no Latest button.
Loading times for the app seems faster though, which is good.
Some of the 'links to comms' don't automatically bring you to the latest update. When that doesn't happen, the latest button is missing. When you scroll all the way down, it will appear. Should be an easy enough fix.