Niantic Chat Closed Beta | Community Guidelines
Niantic Chat is in Closed Beta on our live servers! Throughout the Closed Beta, we’ll be gradually rolling out Niantic Chat to dedicated players to help us learn, iterate, and create the best experience to play Ingress with your communities. Please keep in mind that all groups and content you create or post are subject to review / removal following the guidelines below. The Official Public Group will also continue to exist even beyond the Beta, so please treat this Beta as a live experience rather than a test. We encourage everyone to continue using Niantic Chat, reporting bugs, and posting feedback, but please do not do so in a way that violates our or Ingress’ Community Guidelines.
Closed Beta Eligibility
Only players with accounts in good standing will be permitted to join us for the Closed Beta. Players that are currently banned, have been previously suspended or banned, or have infractions associated with their accounts may be barred depending on severity and time since their last incident.
Avoid Inappropriate Content
We may review the content you create within Niantic Chat, and we may remove it if we believe it’s inappropriate. Egregious violations may result in a suspension or ban from Niantic Chat, account actions within Ingress, or both.
Content that should be avoided includes but isn’t limited to:
- Sexually explicit or pornographic content
- Depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence
- Obscenities, profanity or derogatory content
- Content that promotes illegal activity
- Hate speech or other content promoting hatred against members of a protected group (e.g. racist or sexist content)
Treat Others with Respect
It’s in everyone’s best interest to keep things courteous and fun for all in the game, in the Community and in the real world.
Here are a few principles of respect to keep in mind:
- Never defame, abuse, harm, or threaten another player.
- Never violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Never impersonate other players or Niantic staff.
- Never expose players’ identities without their consent (“dox”). This includes any information about another user’s identity, including their name, phone number, email address or physical address, even if a player discloses that info first.
- Be respectful towards other players. You can share an opposing idea without being rude or offensive.