Think we will see dark xm portals in the future?

Almost done with the Anime, I thought this looked like an interesting challenge.

(tried to submit pic link, cant)

They were red fields surrounding green and blue fields.

Dark XM portals If i remember correctly

Comments

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

Actually, I think briefly before the anime or around the time the anime first broadcasted, there was an Dark XM event where players needed to throw long **** links and claim as many portals as possible. I've seen several people with a medal and I sadly missed out on it.

I hope they bring back dark XM stuff again. Heck, maybe even make it the third team.

• VAINVAIN ✭✭✭✭

The PvE elements of Dark XM portals would be awesome. Even if it's just something simple as grey portals get overtaken by Dark XM and can only be neutralized by multiple agents or some Xfac component. Perhaps Dark XM portals could begin increasing decay to nearby faction aligned portals or slowly start overtaking aligned portals while making Dark XM links/fields.

Could be a fun world event anyway while we wait for another round of global shards. 😘

• edited June 2019

I could use some different challenges for sure. Im getting kind of bored. Just recursed, almost to 8 again.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

<insert ranting about the switcheroo they did with the badge art work below>

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I feel you there. I figure after the anomaly in Madison I might recurse a second time.

• littlebubullelittlebubulle ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I would like an event where all neutral portals become Dark XM portals. Dark XM portals have to be destroyed first to be captured. Dark XM portals also spread, degrading ENL/RES portals nearby faster.

Or another way to do it would be that all neutral portals become DarkXM portals (colored orange). The more DarkXM portals there are globally, the faster portals degrade (lose more XM per iteration). On the other hand, linked portals degrade slower. So it's a game of protecting your portals while capturing neutrals as much as possible.

• King0fHeartsKing0fHearts ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

The end of the Anime was the Dark XM threat that happened in last April. It was cool how they did it and a lot of fun however it did open up a question "is Ingress fixed?" You see the anime was made long before the dark XM threat happen and there could only be one outcome. Soo? It also didn't look good how bad the numbers where and that somehow at the very end both teams where somehow able to pull it off.