Welcome to the Niantic Chat Closed Beta!
If you're seeing this post, you have been requested by another Agent to join as one of the first groups in the Niantic Chat Closed Beta. Niantic Chat is an unreleased or non-public feature that we’re testing in Closed Beta and is subject to multiple iterative changes. As such, we would very much encourage you to save all discussions, screenshots, and feedback for this private space in our forum.
We’ll be opening to more Agents over the following months, so keeping Niantic Chat private throughout the Closed Beta will allow both you and our teams to create the best experience possible for each new wave of players. Please note that if we learn that a Beta Tester has leaked information outside of the private Closed Beta group, we will remove that tester from the Closed Beta.
What can you share with players outside of the Closed Beta?
- General descriptions about Niantic Chat. Here’s a writeup we shared in another post: “Niantic Chat enables players to join and create their own groups (both public and private), and coordinate events with reminders pinned to the Niantic Chat world map. Recruit new players, share your location with the groups you trust, and coordinate meetups with friends directly from the game. Ingress is more fun when played with friends, and Niantic Chat is the easiest, most secure way to do so.”
- If you’d like to brag to your friends that you’ve been selected as one of the first Agents for the Closed Beta, please feel free to do so.
What should you not share with players outside of the Closed Beta?
- Any links, announcements, or discussions from this private forum. This includes copy/pasting as well as screenshots.
- Screenshots of Niantic Chat. As mentioned above, we want to work with this group to build an amazing Niantic Chat experience for the broader Ingress community. There will be lots of new features, improvements, and even UI changes over the next few months, so sharing too much right now would be premature.
- Discussions around upcoming features or bug fixes.
We'll be keeping a close eye on all of the posts in this private space for feedback, bug reports, and general discussion. We’ve also added a megathread for feedback here.
We’re so excited to play a part in the Ingress community and can’t wait to see what you all do with Niantic Chat!
The Ingress and Niantic Chat teams
Opt Out of the Closed Beta
If you would like to be removed from the Beta, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/c1gSoNHsSpznSwGC6
Wooot!!!! party time!
My sincere welcome to all ☺️
Hello Ottawa, NY, Philadelphia and Illinois.
Good night, agents, thank you for giving us the opportunity to participate with you, I hope we can be of help and that the game continues to grow as it has been doing in recent years.
Buenas noches, gracias por la bienvenida agentes y esperando ser ayudar a este nuevo proyecto en nuestra comunidad
I appreciate the invitation, I hope to be of great help in this new project
Bonjour à tous!!!
<3 Hi everyone!
Hello everybody! Glad to see you here!
Mucha sgracias por la invitación!!! Estaremos siempre prestos a ayudar a la comunidad y que esta crezca.
Thank you for invite
Corelli111 in the house!!
Thanks for having me :)
Hello! Excited to be here.
How do I walk?
What's up dude!
Thanks, joined new group and saw bug error page on open.
Wooo! Exciting! Thank you!
Hello everyone… thanks for the invite.
"If you're seeing this post, you have been requested by another Agent to join as one of the first groups in the Niantic Chat Closed Beta. Niantic Chat is an unreleased or non-public feature that we’re testing in Closed Beta and is subject to multiple iterative changes. "
Unfortunately, those of us who were early beta users of Ingress Prime and saw all of our usability concerns brushed aside might be a bit cynical about Niantic's approach to beta testing and iterative design. In what ways will this beta be different?