Update on Portal Nominations, Edits, and Photo Submissions

Comments

• If I submit a portal in.. the portal game of ingress then I don't care about any other games. I want my submission or double or quadruple ap if you still don't put it in the portal game where I submitted it from.

• VaskinCallVaskinCall ✭✭✭✭

Good day!

Can you tell directly if all these POIs will be removed from Forsquire? And when will it be done?

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Holy ****. This is a problem. :D

Someone should hit CTRL+Z or run cleanup through the database.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

so how many month after acceptance will we now have to wait for POI to appear in ingress 😔

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

People don't want the playboards manipulated to fit other games, yet they want the complete details of what enters each game,

2 things need to happen,

players need a way to change the pois independent of ANY game (including unassigned poi)

The entire Waypoints in use by every game need to be cleared completely, and re generated,,,,

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

It's taken you till now to see how Ingress players are passionate about the quality of the portal database!? Seriously?

We have been crying murder since Pokemon players were enabled to submit.

That said, we can accept other game submissions, as long as they are reasonable quality, and this HAS been improving.

Mass import of Foursquare, roll it back, immediately. Niantic have done massive damage to the portal network with this import. I cannot stress this enough.

Ingress IS the portal network. The other games the locations are not strategic in any way. Sure, clusters are appreciated, that's about it.

Garbage in, garbage out, Foursquare was always very bad at accuracy and quality.

The huge outcry when Niantic changed interaction range recently in Pokemon was probably 90% whiney laziness on players part.

Ingress players will trek into risky, remote or out of the way places for strategic advantage.

Hell we had a strangely misplaced portal 400km offshore in middle of the ocean for years. Some players seriously considered going there! Luckily cost was too high.

On submissions, if we submit a portal in Ingress, I do not care about any other games, if it qualifies, I want it in Ingress. I have no other Niantic games installed. I do however pay subscription.

I'm frustrated I cannot remove invalid portals, my submissions get moved by Pokemonners, i get penalised for criticism of pokemon portals. We get no pedestrian access for portals on remote walk trails that are perfectly valid for example.

I've basically given up on Wayfarer because of these issues.

Please listen to our Russian brothers and sisters and roll this back and clarify submissions.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't lets face it.

That said, I was hoping Niantic still wanted a quality database...

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

Found a nice portal gem: https://intel.ingress.com/?pll=36.952293,27.270092

On the boat...

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Excuse me, but is this a reason for pride or joyful comments? The portal database is littered with rubbish. The plot of the game is dead, there have been no new large-scale additions for a very long time. It's a shame to rejoice if there are only failures around.