Update on Portal Nominations, Edits, and Photo Submissions

14567810»

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Portals are still saying approved then not appearing in the game. Had agent complain they had this on weekend.

• Also, would really like to know how the problem of tons of garbage from Foursquare is progressing (I'm from Russia, so, yes, I'm VERY concerned about that).

• So tonight I have to head out after work to walk a long trail in the dark to upvote a waypoint in Pokemon Go so it has time to sync over to Ingress before the weekend so I can interact with it during daylight on my day off from work. I already made this walk once when I nominated, so I know it's safely accessible and within park hours.....but this is a decent drive to start with, and I resent the extra time I must dedicate to get my portal on the game board. I look forward to a resolution, but my hopes are dimming by the day.

• Didn’t want this to be forgotten, as we approach the 3 month mark so 25% of a year.

Has this gone beyond the investigating stage?

@NianticThia sorry but you seem to be only person to ask

• Is the status "investigating" or "should be investigating"?

• The only vague hint of anything is that the POGO sync has been missed for several days recently so maybe they are doing something 🤷‍♀️

But it is probably wishful thinking.

• A large sync has happened in PoGo but as far as I can tell it has had no impact so far on my missing ingress portals.

It may be that the refresh of data will force some of the ingress portals to appear at the next ingress sync which would be due at 00.00 in U.K. (although the PoGo one did not happen at normal time)

• How can I appeal a portal edit? I reported portal that actually a valid portal but it's coordinates are absolutely wrong. The edit was denied. I can stand at the object that is the portal but on the scanner it's about 30 meters farther and not accessible for anyone (behind the fence). It's just useless for anyone.

• You can go to Wayfarer forum and post an appeal in the Location Edits section with the evidence.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of my previous only Lightship Portals have appeared and I have been given keys for them.

We got one come through with key that was subbed 3 years ago :)

• Well that was something. 👍

• over 100 days

An chance of an update @NianticThia

Hopefully the bug fixes they doing now will help?

• I doubt that very much. As far as I understood, now they are fixing only the error of appearance of extra pokestops / gyms in the cells, as well as portals, which violated the rule of 20 meters when appearing.

• Did you also get credit for them in the Portals Discovered stat? I'm receiving the keys, but no AP or stat increase.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

new one for me : got the accepted mail, 12h later poi apeared in ingress AND i got the key, BUT no 1000ap nor +1 on discovery.

support has no answer, they looking into it.

• It’s Monday, this all started at the end of July 🙄

@NianticThia @NianticVK

In spite of other bug and supposedly sync fixes this bug persists.

Has “the team” got anywhere close to resolving this or are they still floundering in the investigating swamp?

Changes have been made in the appearance of what happens to those selected for Niantic review in Wayfarer but it appears to have had no impact on giving this outcome.

is there any timeline for resolution?

Are there any plans to go through and give players, AP, keys and credit on portals discovered? Not everyone can use giving a like in pogo to get a key and it doesn’t help with portals discovered anyway.

How hard is it to inject some nominations (which wayfarer can already do) and track what happens to em.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticThia My currently-outstanding issues:

1. Two Niantic-reviewed wayspots have yet to appear in Ingress despite being approved AND more than 20m from all other portals
    2. An approved location-move was reverted when a new photo was approved, apparently because the new photo had been submitted when the portal was still at its old location. @NianticVK claims to have re-accepted the second attempt at the location-move, but the portal remains in its incorrect location
    3. A portal which was approved during the Nov 12 maintenance window (I got the "acceptance" email at 12:50am Eastern time) has not yet appeared as a portal, despite being more than sufficiently distant from all other portals

I am both growing disappointed and am increasingly worried that any future submissions or edits will similarly just disappear into the aether. Is it even worth my effort to submit any new things? Am I going to be better off withdrawing my currently outstanding submissions, if I cannot trust that this transition to "Lightship" will ever be corrected?

• Thanks for at least fixing part of it. My August approval showed up in game and I got a key. The credit for portals discovered didn't increase by one but at least something positive happened.

• The portals that I had not been able to push through have appeared on the intel map.

I think the discovered portals have also increased.

@NianticThia can you confirm this is fixed?

Any chance of being told what happened?

• LlamazapLlamazap ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

The said minimum distance rule doesnt seem to work either. Besides the red circled one, these are all new portals placed by me. Others I got approved with a lot of free space around are still missing.

Post edited by Llamazap on