Game lag persists until restart of app after attacking dense portal area

KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently whenever I start launching bursters in super densely populated areas of enemy portals, the entire game graphics lag hard. Even after all attacks are done, there is input lag of a few seconds per action. Even inputting commands in drone view takes forever. Restarting the client fixes this, but occurs instantly again when attacking the dense cluster multiple times. This input lag persists even after all portal attacks are done and i have moved on, almost like it's not releasing something from memory.

It's worth noting the portals I ran into this problem with were all outfit with force amps and turrets, the no XM graphic launched many times. Not sure if this is part of the problem.

Running a Razer Phone 2 with Android 9, 4G connection only.

6 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• KonnTowerKonnTower ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Also worth noting... This only occurs with inputs which cause in game actions/animations. While this bug is happening, animations of a drone moving from one portal to another works super smooth(getting the game to input the move is super laggy, but the move itself isn't), and the glyphing side-game is still super smooth.

I finally got a video of the bug,though I have a feeling I'm talking to nobody here.

• iFrankmansiFrankmans ✭✭✭✭

Issue still persists when will this finally be solved?

@iFrankmans the youtube video has 3 views. Clearly nobody at Niantic has bothered to look.

• Definitely happening here. I have to restart the game after hammering lots of portals. In the case where you want to take out one specific portal, the animations slow down firing, so make it a competitive disavantage if someone else is actively recharging a portal/few

This will directly cause anomaly events to not work. Hope they fix it.

@NianticBrian @NianticThia giving this a bump, would really help to get a "thanks, saw this" just to confirm this is a legit thing. this isn't the input lag that randomly happens, this is induced from what best i can tell is a memory leak related to graphics. It started happening right around when the change to AP scrolling was implemented instead of just showing one large AP total in a single graphic.

Oh, and it also is much more noticable if you hit many portals at the same time that have force amps/turrets on them in a dense cluster. check out Rye, NY for an example.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Seems to be. I face some freezes after burst booster attack in dense areas on my pixel 2,my gf has a bit more on her redmi 9. Maybe game starts consuming more ram/cpu,or droppes soc into throttling. I don't know if this can be fixed by adding some code to trim device resources usage. Fortunately restart for me is not so long as was on for example moto one power,simply because 835 is faster 636.

Anyway will be glad if this fixed.

• Seeing the same issue here. It's especially bad when attacking portals with zap mods as you described. It makes the game unplayable without a restart. No comment from Niantic yet???