C.O.R.E. subscribers and the Onyx Key Locker [Closes 2^H9 August]

Comments

• If I understand it correctly, in short it says:

"Because you were with us for so many years and already received the Anniversary gift locker, we won't let you use your (so appreciated by us) CORE subscription to buy what other CORE subscribers can buy."

"Instead we offer you an unnecessarily complicated and risky way to PAY for changing the color of one of your lockers". 

• It would be nice if you answered all of Dittosaur's questions and not just the last one.

• It would be nice if you answered all of Dittosaur's questions and not just the last one.

• Any differences between the two red capsules are negligible. What was shown for the anniversary locker is NOT what was delivered.

• Just to clarify, do you already need to be a C.O.R.E subscriber to take advantage of this or can you become a C.O.R.E. subscriber now and use this offer?

If you stop being a C.O.R.E. subscriber will this locker disappear?

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why anyone would delete a already bought or free key capsule just to buy it again. Seems like bad business to me.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

This is completely optional. You might want to look up the definition of theft again.

I can probably guess the reason why the keylockers are being implemented this way but I'm just going to ping @ofer2 as I imagine there's a better answer from Niantic on this when it comes to offering a total of 6 keylockers.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd still like to have a souvenir key locker, as those keys will never get used.

Still don't know why this is even happening, when it is controlled entirely by the server controlled to change all old red capsules to black ones?

Seems to be a mess of different scenarios

And not keen on accidentally losing my 5yr anniversary key locker

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha! Please make all keylocker the same color, just to troll everyone and end this for once.

Every capsule and Quantum capsule have the same color, make all keylocker the same too!

• Hi,

I bought the blue extra key locker because I did not see there was one onyx key locker. Kan i also ask for deletion of that key locker and buy the onyx key locker?

Thanks.

• Thanks for posting this, I didn't realize the capsule colors had been switched. The anniversary capsule is supposed to be black with red accents. In Prime it was colored red with black accents creating the near similarity to the red one. The best, immediate choice would probably be to fix the anniversary capsule to be black with red accents. A long term one would be to give the option to customize your capsule colors.

• Please post an update once the deletion has been processed. Would be good to have that confirmation of being able to rebuy before doing it. Knowing my luck I'd end up shafted and unable to buy the 6th afterwards.

• HaramDingoHaramDingo ✭✭✭

Will do. I filled in the form just before I did the post yesterday, so in time we'll know when Thia and the team process the removals.

• NygmatNygmat ✭✭

How to get in touch with create tables to indicate another capsule? hurried and pointed out the gift box. Help please

• As a CORE subscriber the ability to purchase the Onyx should have been available to me.

One of the perks of being CORE.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

And it is! If you didn't reached maximum amount yet.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a genuine dilemma because there are 7 colours (though admittedly two are near-identical) and you can only have 6 of them - so a completist can never be satisfied. Of course it's nice to be one of "the privileged" who got the anniversary locker back in the day, but then it would also be nice to be one of "the privileged" who are able to buy the limited-edition onyx locker now.

I guess the solution is to delete the plain red locker and have both special ones. But doing that also means deleting 100 keys (or 100 random other items to make room for them).

I know Niantic is doing us a favour here, but really did they have to do it in such a tormenting way?

What are the chances that in the future one of the Niantic designers could come up with a way to make the anniversary locker not look almost identical to the red one?

• if you save any key in a locker, it will be treated as a different item in the inventory. you'll could check or edit each locker name.

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

You’re a legend, thanks for taking the time fo communicate this to us.

• Hulk32Hulk32 ✭✭✭

@ofer2 could you give an insight about this, please? Thanks for your explanation!

• I hope they delete it before event ends,...

I'm not hearing people where its allready deleted,...

Yet we got an answer from pinging ofer2 because he is the one who can best explain the present situation.