July - September 2021 Events Schedule

12346»

Comments

• 50KC in 10 days? This is 100km, assuming that ingres would count it normally and not like now (walked 5km, ingres counts maybe 1km). Of course, why add adventure sync to ingress ...

But your stupid decision to give 50kc for the next event ... congratulations and applause ...

Now you have planned the event badly, as in COVID restrictions it was not possible, in most cities / state, to meet 2.8 million APs. This is another one where you just make people angry ... it's probably time to turn off CORE. You don't deserve that for such "ideas" either.

• KubodlakKubodlak ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Why are you so angry? There are no lockdowns here in Europe, AFAIK no lockdowns in the USA, and it makes no sense to wait until there are no lockdowns anywhere. Many agents in many countries can play and enjoy the game. If you have to stay home, I am sorry, but why do you want me to stay home as well? Anyway, you can walk in the woods, in the mountains, anywhere in the wilderness and it still counts - and you will not catch any virus there. It is safe.

And 50 KCs in 10 days is not too difficult. I do 1 KC a day without any significant effort (just walking to office and back and playing little Ingress), which translates to 4 KCs under the event rules (2km per KC). I need to increase my effort just by 25% assuming I won't miss a day.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

its all about user responsibility.. if u cant walk freely then sorry dont break those rules, but for the rest of us if not in lockdown why should everyone suffer? thats not fair either.

• better would be 40 kinetic for the gold one

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I'm not going to make anywhere near 50kcaps. I'm working that week... from home, so I don't get any km from walking to work. I was working the week of Courier too, but I did get gold there - about 0.8M from capturing portals and putting up fields and about 200K per day from recharging at home. It was tedious, I'll tell you.

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

How many did you get last time 10? Congrats 50-10 = 40 left this time...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's set to 50 because of all the over achievers that got so many complete last time round...

• So does any mission count tomorrow for second sunday or only Niantic official accounts?

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow, any mission counts, as long as you complete 6 different ones.

• @Anderor Check your Overall Statistics under the Health section, and see how many "KC completed". The Sep event, you just need to clock 50 - "KC completed" times.

Havent tried that, but myths that tying mobile phone to ceiling fan and allow it to rotate at slow pace can clock traveling distance.

Btw, there is no reward for accomplishing gold, nor there is any penalties for not attempting the event. It is only ones and zeros in the game server. Sadly, i have only learnt to suppress my game frastration lately. Hope you find peace too 👐

• Isn't the "KC Completed" tracking all completed programs, not only during the Challenge? Mine is at 92 and I definitely didn't do that many during the last KC Challenge. Surely there's another count that's not shown in the profile currently, related to KC completion during the Challenge.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

There is a separate count for the event. When the event starts it will appear in the events section of your stats, including the number that you completed during phase 1.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there’s a lot of other stuff going on, but as we are a few days from the last event on this calendar, could we please have some more event updates?

• Queremos la receta que van a poner en el evento kc para preparación unos días antes

• Добрый день. Я играю уже около года, но мой прогресс медали Sojourner стоит на месте 69 дней. Исправьте пожалуйста. И медаль Trekker за последний месяц сдвинулся на 1 километр, хотя я прошел уже сотню километров.

Охотник33

• Thanks for clarifying. IIRC the requirement for bronze medal in the first KC challenge was four completions, so I have some walking to do in the next week or so to go for gold.

As this has been unpinned from announcements, that must mean a new thread is on the way, right? Just waiting for a new thread

(But enjoying that I can post GIFs here without approval from the forum mods)

Any update on the October - December 2021 Events Schedule?

It is less than 100 days until Christmas after all.

• 昨天已经拿到了金牌🥇✌🏻

Hoping for an update later today/this week on the new schedule!

(Time has passed since I started posting these GIFs, he’s regenerated. I should have started with the First Doctor for this “bit”. Kinda getting myself into a corner here.)