Updates to the Forums - 8 July 2021
NianticThia Niantic › admin
edited July 2021 in Forum Updates
Hello, Agents -
A quick update on a few forum updates I’ve made today. They are, for now, mostly NIA/Admin only features.
- Private Messaging: NIA Staff/Admins now have the ability to initiate messages with agents. Agents can reply to those messages but are unable to message others. This was enabled for situations where we need to ask for account specific information.
- Signatures: Enabled for NIA Staff/Admins. I’m looking into tweaks and guidelines before enabling this further.
- Promoted Content: We’ve added this module to the top of the forums to showcase content we think you’ll find interesting.
- Polls: I’m testing functionality that comes with Vanilla Forums to see if it will work for some things I’d like to do. At an initial look, it doesn’t seem like it will but I’m going to keep it for now and try it out. Right now, this functionality is only available to NIA Staff/Admins and only in sections of the forums we’ve enabled it.
- Dark Mode: Enabled for NIA Staff/Admins - kidding! I flipped the switch for all.
Edit: Regarding dark mode - I, too, see that some of the modules are still in light/white. I'll look into what was missed.
What do you put on your TOAST?
Updates to the Forums - 8 July 2021 237 votes
Post edited by NianticThia on
Dark mode is pretty nice! Thanks!
Modo oscuro se ve muy bien ✌️✌️✌️✌️
Jam beats Jelly all day.
No avocado toast? 😢
Amendoim sempre kkkk
I dont like dark mode..... give me back the light mode
Where's the Marmite?
And is there a way to turn dark mode off? I can't see anything in Preferences or Profile on mobile
No dark mode in Leave a Comment
Ooo dark mode, no longer have to use the chrome flags
It feels awesome here in the batcave now! I mean, Ingress-cave, Forum Lair? @NianticThia put up some curtains and a new paint job :D
Thank you for the dark mode. Looks better now on phone :)
Nice - there is an odd visual bug where the like and vote images overlap though (OSX 10.14.6, Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114).
How do you revert back to normal from dark mode? Or is this the default now?
Hope @NianticThia can take look on all miss on community with dark mode.
love dark mode. Thank you =)
Dulce de leche!
There will be some tweaks needed to the forums dark mode such as a toggle switch to enable/disable dark mode/light mode as the "upvote" button is now too dark to see with this background colour but this may/may not please every one but as per the poll question it has to be GNutella or in my case Duo Chocolate Spread :-)
Finally, Dark mode. It should be a standard for every interface nowadays. 😅
Now, it needs better implementation. Such things as the "leave comment" textbox still being white is a sight killer right now.
Dark Mode: Enabled for NIA Staff/Admins - kidding! I flipped the switch for all.
Is there anywhere I can switch back to light mode? I find dark mode to be extremely painful on my eyes, across every app and website I've ever tried it on. These forums are no exception. ☹️
No dark mode and somthing bug 1 cant read and see the text or link.
I see somthing wrong with dark mode in your screenshot on the community.
Oh I love dark mode <3
Esta cool el modo oscuro, Saludos a la Resistencia desde Bolivia.
It looks like it's being worked on. Just have to dig through all of the CSS
How do I disable Dark mode?
How do we turn off dark mode?