Fields not being smashed? I made a spreadsheet and video to help you decide: Rebuild, or Recharge?

57Cell57Cell ✭✭✭

This was inspired by a post I saw some time ago on Reddit - someone was asking if they should recharge their fields, or let them decay and rebuild them.

The obvious answer is "decay and rebuild" - but that was true when a recharge gave you 10AP. Now it gives you 65AP.

It turns out you recharge some portals, and let others decay.. Obvious in hindsight, I know. I made a spreadsheet you can use to figure out the AP maximising way to recharge a partially decayed portal, and to decide exactly which portals will be blessed by your excess XM, and also a video explaining exactly how to use the spreadsheet.

Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eSccNn6HsYTEmnFjMZi1Jfad9htig4mc5Mu9-3OJuSk/edit?usp=sharing

Video URL: https://youtu.be/KT7NHwHrUp4

Enjoy, and happy levelling!

Tagged:

Comments

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Like how it gives how we should recharge to get maximum AP.

• One person (not me) disagreed, but did not explain why. So let me explain it here. Letting a portal decay completely to drop the links gives 160 AP less (1750 AP per week) than recharging two resonators, and letting the other six decay (1910 AP per week).

If you let a portal decay completely and rebuild it, you get 500 capture AP + 8x125 for deploying resonators + 250 AP for full deploy = 1750 AP.

If you recharge 2 resonators every day, you get 910 AP (2x7x65) per week. When you redeploy the other six resonators, you get 1000 AP (6x125 + 250 for full deploy) = 1910 AP.

The picture changes again if you place mods on your portal. Then full deploy + mod after complete decay gives 2000 AP (1750 + 2x125 for placing mods), while recharging 2 resonators still gives 1910 AP because the links will drop, but the mods will stay.

And, if you place the right kinds of mods (multi-hacks or heat sinks, depending how often you visit a portal and how much time you spend there), you can maximise the AP gain from glyph-hacking (and increase the chance of getting SBULs and ADA/Jarvis for even more AP gain).

Bonus tip: deploy each portal with level 1 resonators initially, and then upgrade your own resonators. This will not give AP, but counts towards the Builder medal (to meet medal requirements for levels 9-16). If you upgrade each reso to the next-higher level, you can place up to 48 resos (8 + 2*7 + 2*6 + 2*5 + 4) on a single portal.

• BilleasBilleas ✭✭✭

You are like a Jedi Master of Ingress. Thank you so much!