Kinetic capsule does not work

Since yesterday my kinetic capsule does not work. It keeps at 0.0 km although I was walking alot.

Please help. In-game name: B4ndura

Thank you

Tagged:
3 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• Sorry to hear about that, @B4ndura! Please submit a request via In-app support. We'll take it from there.

• Thank you, but when I try to contact you through the app, the conversation will be closed with a link to this community.

• @B4ndura, could you please share the ticket number? I'll check with the team.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Hiya @B4ndura

I have a better idea let's consult the wise and powerful @NianticThia if you do also have a support ticket number from email then this can help as well if you can add it to this thread.

But I know when Thia Pokes and Karate Kicks the system on her end things do Actually start to work.

If you can also create a 4 fingered log file as well it can help the team discover in time what is causing the lockup of the kinetic capsules as this seems to be happening a lot at present.

To do this just hold 4 fingers on your screen for 5 seconds and then either paste the information that will now be on your devices clipboard into a notes/text application and then save it or directly paste the log into this thread as a reply and the team or the great @ofer2 can look it over when they have a few free minutes.

• Thank you, but when I try to contact you through the app, the conversation will be closed with a link to this community.

• There is no ticket number and the 4 finger "trick" die not work.

edited July 2021

Hiya @B4ndura

As the in-app support is mainly a Robot called "Remy" at the beginning then it's doing as it's programmed to direct you to the forum to report a bug.

However you can have a conversation with a Human Advisor if you respond with "SKIP" to Remy's questions to the point you will then get asked for your codename and email address for your account then you can leave a description of the issue & someone will respond in due course,but you have to manually check this for a reply.

Ideally posting here is a good way for us agents to talk to each other and try to help.

You can sometimes ask an in app support agent while you have there attention to supply the ticket number or even email in to obtain one and reply that way.

The 4 finger log trick works from the main map screen then you have to paste the log into a text editor or into a reply box,you won't know if the log is successful with a message until you paste its content to the text editor.

• There is no "skip" only the bot with different answers.

Here my kinetic capsule number: DAE88FDE maybe this helps.

• B4nduraB4ndura ✭✭
    edited July 2021

In-game name: B4ndura

Email: [REDACTED]

Kinetic capsule ID: DAE88FDE

Moderator Note: Removed PII

Post edited by blueeeeeee on
  • InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

@B4ndura I'd edit out the email if I were you. Niantic knows it from looking up your account name, so posting your email here is only inviting spammers.

edited July 2021

I Actually Agree there with @InvestigateXM it's a security risk adding your email address to your post.

Hit the cog within 24 Hours to edit it out.

Also you have to type the word "skip" when Remy gives you the options and then the bot will connect you with In App Support.

• When I want to report a bug and enter skip the bot still is there. It only works without reporting a bug and chosing anything else. Then there is no bot.

Just for your information. ;)

• @B4ndura Don't go into the "report a bug" choice as it will end your chat...you need to report "gameplay issues" then enter "skip" a couple of times

I send in tickets often to niantic then get "ghosted" after a while using this method but it is supposed to be a real agent such as "Lucas","terrence" , "sofinisba" etc...

But it does take a while to get a response so check twice a day.

• The customer service is just terrible.

I get no more answers, no more help... nothing. And the kinetic capsule does not work for weeks. Just poor Niantic

• Sorry for the delay, @B4ndura! This issue is escalated and our team is looking into it. You should be expecting a reply soon. Thanks for your patience.