Ingress 2.75.1 Release Notes
• Fixed: Opening COMM loads the latest available updates.
• Fixed: Tapping the Map Screen COMM preview will open the
ACTIVITIES tab to the latest COMM activity.
• Fixed: Tapping
Send Message from Portal Details in Remote Portal View opens the
CHAT tab and pre-populates the text field with an @mention.
• Fixed: Sending an @mention will update the username to its Faction color after COMM refreshes. This takes several seconds to automatically refresh.
• Fixed: After claiming an item from a Kinetic Capsule, you should be able to run a new Program without closing then reopening the Kinetic Capsule.
• Fixed: Sorting nearby missions by
NIA should filter the loaded mission list and show only official Mission Day missions within range.
• Fixed: C.O.R.E. username flair updated on Scout Controller status on Portal Details.
Please note there are several remaining UI issues with COMM layout that we are still working to resolve:
• COMM may be offset to the left of the viewport, which may look like an empty feed or black screen. Switching to a new COMM tab and back should recenter the activity stream.
• When viewing an older message when a new update comes in, additional vertical padding between messages will appear until swiping up on the activity stream.
• A black vertical gradient or line runs down the length of the right-hand side of the activity stream.
You had me at fixed COMMs.
I hope it is really fixed this time around and not like the last time it was mentioned of being fixed.Looking forward to the update.
EDIT: There seems to be a slight lag but COMMs finally fixed! Thank you!
If COMM really is finally fixed, I only have one thing to say: THANK YOU!
helleluyah comm is fixed !! 🥳
Cant waint to put my fingers in that update!! :)
Cant see full detail in comm it is to zoom in and we need more small font. Hope next version fix the bad COMM.
Looking forward to a working comm again
Fixed COMM? Hoorah!
Next: fixed portal key ordering?...
Thank you for fixing COMM. 😀
Believe it when i see it. Cannot remember the last time COMM was fixed
Nice!!! Thank you. I’m still wondering when we are going to see the new feature mentioned on the main menu update :eyes:
We got the Dronenet update around a month after the placeholder layer button was added, maybe it comes after the next update.
Well my game is still broken...sooo it wasn't a comm issue for my Black Screen Of Never Being Fixed (BSONBF) While there is a mention of other UI Fixes to sort above it depends on how long these will take to test.
Over time things can get messy and lost in the "Report a Bug" Section and just as ignored as The So Called Support Team keep doing to everyone.
Installed arm7 build on my arm8 phone(because only arm7 phone got update for now),and can tell that comm is way better now,thanks a lot for this update! The only strange thing is vibration behaves a bit odd,but this can be related both to arm7 on arm8 or to custom ROM.
COMM has not been fixed at all. It is still doing the exact same thing it was doing before this update "fixed" it.
Really? Others saying its fixed
What is the range supposed to be for the NIA missions filter?
Still having a linking issue where both portals have all resistors and I have a key. Says link not possible while under field. I don’t see any apparent field but I could be wrong. Even the in game callout says “link possible”.
Notice the time on the activity mini feed, and then what it actually shows when I tap it. It is still doing the same thing where it doesn't update without switching to a different range, and switching back to the original range will never update unless I restart the app.
Yes, COMM is still broken exactly the same way as before.
Randomly jumps all the way to the top of scroll.
Doesn't update events after the first time.
Randomly the whole COMM view shifts all the way to the left and I can see only horizontal lines.
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
(Supposedly fixed) 13. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down. Yes, it doesn't scroll back up after we scroll down, but we don't need to have to scroll down or use workarounds like selecting different tabs and then go back to the tab we need.
14. Me: *starts recharging a portal* ADA: Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged... Me: *stops recharging the portal* ADA: ...Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged...
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
Is it compatible with iOS 15 beta?
Currently only getting 2.74.1 available to run. And it's currently not working. After login and niantic logo, I get a blank screen. probably related for this version availability?
I realy need help to fix this, to have my sojour hack updated.
@jplour I'd post this on the "report a bug" section of the forum below
Also add your device details and version number to the post and other agents can help and support your report.
2.74.1 should still work if 2.75.1 doesnt.
What region are you in also.
Thanks, I was able to resolve the issue using a solution proposed in another discussion, that sugested to get new stuff in inventory via passcode and intel. luckly I didn't had my inventory full. It did the trick.
Your lucky as the Intel passcode option trick doesn't work for everyone.
Its more active in that section though
Glad to hear you found a solution though.
If I'm reading this correctly, please note that Ingress 2.71.1 and 2.74.1 do not have these COMM fixes in them. If you're reporting that COMM hasn't changed, and you're still using Ingress 2.71.1 and 2.74.1, then those older releases don't include the changes noted in this Ingress 2.75.1 changelog.
force update after every release🤷