ADA Refractor / Jarvis Virus

I'm pretty sure the opinions differ from community to community (groups of players around the world), but what would be a good use for these ultimate weapons?

Would using either be considered BMing (Bad Manners) if used non strategically? Figured that these weapons have some worth wild use when used correctly than just flipping a high-level portal effortlessly.

As a RES agent, I did use a Jarvis Virus on my own portal that I used to make a smaller field (1MU lol) to create a 2.4k MU field as it would block it me from doing so.

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The best use of Flipcards, in my opinion, is that you can destroy portals of your own color, removing links that are attached to it. This can be and is incredibly helpful in clearing link lanes.

However, you can use the weapons however you like. Normally, people of your own faction don't really like if you flip on of their portals to the opposite team without reason, but else, everything is fair game really.

• Ya I figured regarding flipping my own faction's portals, that I would only do so on mine if it were to prevent me from making a better field/correcting an error I made. Only my own, unless it was requested from team player.

• I try not to flip one of my own side's portals if it looks in some way significant (or ask first if I can) but apart from that everything is fair.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Flipcards are also used effectively to immunise field anchors so that they cannot be flipped down before checkpoint, meaning agents of the opposing faction will have to battle it out to drop the anchors.

They can also be used to protect your own portals from attack. Say you had a high-level farm that a couple of you guys got together for a fracking session. To prevent the opposing faction from destroying it while you frack them, an option is to flip them to the opposing faction and farm away for an hour.

As mentioned above, they can be used to clear own-team blockers and/or fix mistakes.

And if you need to bring down an anchor of the opposing faction quickly or you're struggling against them recharging, a flip is a quick way out.

• Appreciate the feedback!

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to live near several L8 standing farms. As RES, ADA refactors were useful to us to flip back our farm portals from the random flips that would happen occasionally when an ENL came through.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Flipcards are also occasionally used to avoid couch farms to be destroyed. If attacker really wants to get them down, they would need to wait until inmunisation goes off (1h from the flip).

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

If someone charges hard on me I sometimes flip the portal if I am low on gear or just can't be bothered.

• TrerroTrerro ✭✭✭

If you live somewhere where finding 8 agents on your side is basically impossible, they can also be used to force level 8 portals to exist. If you flip a portal to the other side and back, all resonators are now yours, resetting the deploy limits of all other agents, so each cycle of this can add as many level 8 resonators as you have available agents minus one. Do be warned: when a portal is flipped, it can't be flipped again for an hour, so it's 11 hours minimum if you only have 2 agents. 5 and 4 agents only need 1 and 2 flip cycles respectively, though.

There's also what's known as "bricking" a portal. If you know where someone's couch portal is, you can capture it, load it up with link amps or green shields, then hand it to them. Now they can't put any mods to improve loot on it. This is only really effective if multiple agents do it, however, since otherwise they can just flip it back, blast it, and replace it, and it comes down to who has more flip cards. (Probably them if they're using a couch portal regularly.)

So yeah, the flip cards are very versatile items.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

Pineapples!

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

100% pineapple/campfire

• For the significant ones I make a habit of flipping them back an hour later.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

Only way our achors die anymore is flipcards, makes the recharge team smile every time we see the flipcard come out.

I've got a few hundred notches marked off on my belt for forced flips.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

i also use them when its 2 x ap for creating fields and with apex on