Ingress 2.74.1 Release Notes
NianticBrian Niantic › admin
• Updated Main Menu button layout in preparation for a new feature addition.
• C.O.R.E. subscribers can view their renewal date in the Settings menu.
• Fixed: On iOS, fixed a softlock on iPhone SE (2020) when using 2-finger zoom.
• Fixed: New Agent Training had randomly restarted for some Agents.
• Fixed: Uploading a Portal Scan sometimes caused the app to crash.
• We’re currently testing fixes to loading and refreshing COMM updates and alerts, tentatively scheduled for our Ingress 2.75.1 release.
Waiting warmly for COMM fix and new feature, though I'd still love to see this bug fixed too: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/13738/2-66-1-agent-info-misplaced-after-closing-out-of-inventory#latest
It's ever so slightly annoying but I understand that it's nowhere as bad as COMM ^^
EDIT: oh and please consider adding an info box like this to scan uploads
Are missions with hidden waypoints fixed yet? Wanna make a banner but don't know if Prime still spoils waypoints.
Hints of new feature Brian?
C.O.R.E. subscribers can view their renewal date in the Settings menu.
And when will the bug that causes people to not receive the benefits of their subscription upon renewal be fixed?
@NianticBrian Please resolve the bug with portal Edit. Home button lead to current location when portal are faild and not go to location we move to in real world. Please resolve it soon.
I didn't know that this feature is already in another Niantic game!
Could fix this comm bug, when the mobile screen is big, the comm doesn't expand. Cutting some information.
Hope they resolve we see all information in COMM soon.
I can't wait for 2.75.1 xD
There is white space everywhere. On Android it's even worse. Settings are the same no?
Curious as to the new feature.
Fortunately i haven't faced this bug,but i think it's because i used some tweaks to make system think there's no notch(actually G-Visual mod and Notchkiller). But i remember before that tweaks i had almost the same as i see on Your screenshot,so probably yes - it should be looked into.
Speaking about 2.74.1: in 2.73 if comm even is broken,comm preview was alive and showed portal actions,in 2.74 it's stuck more. Also i've just noticed message window "upload complete" (scans) and it's not removable by click as hack-output. And menu redesign...imo it was better in previous builds. As for me,i need nominations button more than store.
Ugh. So, hold off on updating as long as possible, to not mess stuff up even more. Great.
This should be included in the upcoming COMM fixes.
Thank you so much for the updates!!!😘😘
All of this. Along with the portal description and address glitch that appears on the right side of the screenshot. Also the following.
For the record. New Main Menu will be the same that Pokemon Go. We love to have two different layouts.
The vertical blank line really annoys me, once noticed you cannot not see (sorry!) Presumably the intent was to fade out the edge, but misses?
Another minor glitch on 2.74.1,on remoteview Agent name is cutted :)
I love the new design. Hope next update can resolve the bug with comm.
Was that a large International explosion I just heard or someone nearby blowing up portals or just @NianticBrian 's head exploding after screaming to much.
In normal situations I'd have sympathy when a new glitch appears but the fact none of these new versions are helping me and as always Niantic Support have once again "Ghosted" me for over a week now without any updates since the legendary "Lucas" intervened then Terrance appeared then Lucas then Silence.
I sometimes wonder why we all bother.
Make a new thread and tag Thia to get her attention maybe ?
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
11. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
12. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
13. COMMs are glitchy
14. Me: *starts recharging a portal* ADA: Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged... Me: *stops recharging the portal* ADA: ...Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged. Resonator recharged...
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
Hope Niantic can resolve all bugs soon. They have 2 years with Ingress Prime and not mutch happend with all bugs not resolve.
As much as I'd like to roast Niantic over the 🔥 for every instance where they've fallen short (and continue to fall short), this is a bit of an exaggeration. We've gotten several new features since Prime was originally released. Some bugs have been fixed. Some bugs have been introduced. C'est la vie.
Niantic has been spending resources developing and improving Prime. To the extent that Prime has bugs, I think that we the players can at least be specific about which bugs bother us.