Support Ingress urgently requires attention.

12346»

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Been checking numbers again and daily amount is still rounding the 15K tickets. I also had the chance to get to get 2 tickets with roughly an hour of difference upon creation and they differ in about 600 units, which goes along with daily values (15K a day is 625 an hour).

My suggestions on this matter are only focused in a daily ticket income reduction as that is the only way to actually get a better support since I don't think the team is not going to be growing anytime soon.

What do you mean with "spun off"? I'm not quite sure a company change could solve that? Ingress is fully owned by Niantic. I understand that what you are suggesting is the whole Ingress IP to be sold to another (better) gaming company?

What company could take over, from your point of view, with AR experience?

Not sure if I understood that part.

Hi there! Support is still requiring urgent attention :D

Not sure what else would it be required for a Niantic intervention on this topic, it's been longer than a month, more than 2.2K views and 6 pages of long, dense comments and the only time we heard from Niantic was froma forum moderator.

If you ask me, if this is how things are handled, I would not drop a tear when the game is definetely closed down for good. I love this game too much to see how it twists on itself thinking of better days.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

You're still assuming that there is a problem though, based purely on ticket numbers with no further insight on the breakdown of that.

I don't expect Niantic to weigh in here. They have no reason to discuss this with us.

Woooow, so then all those agents, including myself, are just "asuming" that there is a problem after all issues described in the thread? Well, it must be that we are making everything up then!

I do not expect Niantic to pop up either, but support requires urgent attention and it won't go away by just ignoring it. But do you know what does actually go away by ignoring it? Affected users from a deficient support system. That won't happen to me, but my only reason to stay is love and I don't think the rest of affected users share the same feelings.

But, hey, I don't blame you, is easy to miss this from a VG point of view.

• KidKrushKidKrush ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Are you seriously insinuating that the support is not problematic?

That is rich coming from a vanguard.

Edit to add, I agree Niantic owes us no explanation. But to say there is not a problem is absurd.

• I don't disagree with you that we can't really know the extent of the issue. It's the fact that that very opacity creates distrust in the reporting system which for all we know increases the tickets (as people doubly or triply report things).

We agree that transparency is the most urgent issue to be addressed, and indeed I'd go so far as to say it is the main issue which leads to many of the others.

Don't let yourself be deceived: the asumption may be wrong, but exposed cases of lack of human presence upon review is not.

Besides, it is a known fact that Ingress team is not big and 15K daily tickets are too many for a real human reviewing, and not being able to review the tickets in time is, in any support system, a problem. Therefore my point is fair.

Transparency was never present in Niantic's policies, but there are many situations that a bit of it could be of use, but I'd not say that it is the main issue as I consider cheaters to be at the top of the list.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on their ticketing system and how it's integrated into their systems, I wonder if what appears to be a high number of tickets, is actually some sort of tickets being auto generated for certain errors or other events in the system itself. Also wondering if the ticket system is using the same set of numbers for all departments. Does emails automagically get converted into tickets? Does an invalid portal request sent in auto create a ticket # (internally that we don't see from the outside)? I mean someone has to work on it. How do you usually assign work to someone? You assign them a ticket of some sort (Jira/Zendesek/Spiceworks/Connectwise/ServiceNow) the person does the work, then closes out the ticket (which usually sends out an auto generated closed ticket email based off of whatever template is setup for it). That would be a big one...think about how many of those are sent in daily.

Without knowing how their system actually works, saying 10k tickets created in a day, doesn't mean a really anything to anyone. Someone from Nianitc would have to speak to how it works. Or at least a generalization of it.

Basing my information above based on the fact that I've worked in various support roles over the past decade.