New mods

jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope we soon can get 2 new cool mods.

What sort of 2 mods do you like see in Ingress Prime?

Tagged:

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

There are lots of suggestions of new mods in this post.

Also, there are several suggestions of different mods all over the forum, like the Battery Portal Mod, which reduces portal decay, increases powercube hack rate and outputs extra XM around the portal.

Someone also suggested broken mods like the Flip Shield, which prevents the portal to be flipped.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

VR turrets and force amps.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

My suggestion a while ago was a combined mod, so you would out in a very rare shield and very rare multi hack (or heat sink) into the kinetic capsule, when it comes out it has the combined ability of a rare shield and a rare multi hack (or heat sink), so your putting in vr to get the ability of rare, but its cutting 2 mod positions to 1

• A mod that interacts with drones in some way would be interesting. Maybe a VR mod that prevents drones from docking at the portal, or alternatively, a mod that extends the jump range of drones placed on the portal.

• If those actually become real, I'm nicknaming them "bug zappers"

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

A "Matryoshka Link Amp" that let you throw links from under a field.

A "Signal Booster Amp" that allowed for hacking a portal from 1.5 normal distance.

A "Level Booster Amp" that acted as a +1 Level 8 resonator for purpose of the portal's level.

A "Slug Amp" that slows down the actions of any Scanner it zaps for .5 seconds. Just enough to make it annoying.

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

A Mod amplifies a certain ability of the portal, and what we have so far is:

Hacking ability: Multi hack, Heat sink and ITO EN+/-

Withstanding attacks ability: Shields, Turret and Force Amp

Linking ability: Link Amps and SBUL

Ok, so the abilities that are currently missing mods are: scanning, fielding and hosting drones. (The list of portal abilities may not be complete, but those are the most obvious)

Scanning ability: there could be a mod that turns the portal volatile, thereby granting more scout controller points (depending on the rarity of the mod perhaps). Another type of mod could wipe the current scout controller, so only one scan is required to claim controller.

Hosting drones: 1) change the time the drone have to stay on the portal before moving, 2) change the number of hacks the drone can make on the portal before burnout, 3) force enemy drones back to the owner if it lands on the portal

Fielding ability : this is potentially controversial, but I´m thowing it out there:

A mod that allows linking under the field if one of the anchor portals of the fields has the Field mod. It would be a Matryoska (sp?) effect.

Finally: there could be a new mod that lets the portal emit a burst when it´s recharged to create some damage to nearby enemy portals.

Post edited by milofarg on
  • Zavrex724Zavrex724 ✭✭
    edited July 2021

An offensive mod on par with the turret and force amp.

Maybe a very rare mod that emits a "pain field", different from a control field. When the mod is installed, a certain distance around the portal will be indicated on the scanner, a circle/radius. While hostile agents move through the area, they periodically have their XM tank drained by the portal. The portal will then self-recharge with the drained XM.

The drain wouldn't be constant (every x amount of meters walked within the area of effect?), and the amount of XM being drained wouldn't be too great. Maybe the amount scaled to the agent's access level/maximum XM storage?

The mod WOULDN'T stack with others. Like you can't put 2-4 on the same portal for increased effect and 2 or more nearby portals with the mod wouldn't stack if their area of effect overlaps.

Maybe as a bonus, add the feature that whenever a hostile agent enters the field for the first time (a cooldown so they can't just keep leaving and entering over and over spamming pings), send a notification/alarm to the mod's owner.

Post edited by Zavrex724 on
  • The way you’re suggesting implementing a matryoshka-esque mod is kinda pointless. why would an agent willingly give the other faction an opportunity to field in their controlled area?

• A mod that makes hacks drop more items, maybe?

Or a mod that gives a small bonus to MU

• Agents have been suggesting for years... but nothing new added(MODS) :/

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭
    1. The agent lives under the field him/herself and would like to continue micro-fielding.
    2. The agent realizes that Ingress is kinda pointless for other agents of any faction who lives under the permafield, and without a sufficient number of agents, Ingress will eventually die.
  • GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to see some cosmetic mods.

Like a mod that makes a beacon permanent until the mod is destroyed. Or gives a portal rotating rainbow colors.

Or maybe some april fools mods that make portals worse. Heat radiator, hack-blockers, link muzzlers. Would probably have to be VR mods so they aren't multiplied and abused.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

new mods would be fun along with more lvls.. but guess not for now :/

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

My answer is for those who want something new. Forget about it. On the one hand, there are a bunch of dinosaurs for whom innovations in the game "eat away the eyes", and on the other hand is Niantic, they want to make a profit while spending a minimum of labor. What is easier to do, a new mod or another paid medal? Of course, a medal. These lazy people could not even finish the cursors for all archetypes. Waiting for disagreement from dinosaurs and nia. Click on the button below.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Came here to post that suggestion, but it's already suggested. I support the idea.

Also a MOD that enforces decay. In some cases I want my portal to decay faster so that I can field again sooner. Or for the perfect timing to drop a blocker.

• April Fool mods. Great idea. One of the games we play is to capture enemy home portals, deploy them with R1 and **** mods and then flip them. Then the victim has to wait 7 days to let the portal decay or flip it back to destroy it. The crappier the MOD, the more fun.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you can already use frakkers for that and the would work way faster, right?

Also, find some more suggestions in this post.

• GorillaSapiensGorillaSapiens ✭✭✭✭✭

actually... not a bad idea. paired with an ADA/Jarvis, you could turn "bad mods" into an attack vector.