Regression - Samsung S-Pen does not work for portal interaction; worked in Redacted.

thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Two previous threads from the archive:

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/3434/parity-stylus-support-in-prime-glyphing-and-portal-selection

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/3602/prime-bug-critical-for-galaxy-note-users-s-pen-does-not-work-when-entering-glyph-hack-sequence

Previously this only affected Galaxy Note devices; however, as of the Galaxy S21, the S-Pen now works with non-Note devices.

In Redacted, the S-Pen worked throughout the UI. In Prime, it works on certain button presses, i.e. recharging, menu selections, paging through keys, etc. But tapping on a portal, glyph hacking, etc., do not work with the S-Pen.

This is a regression from Redacted that should be corrected for feature parity. More reports of this nature will come in as Samsung, with their massive marketshare and number of devices shipped, makes a renewed push towards the S-Pen device.

2 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

So you're saying that I have to buy an S-Pen for my S21 ultra, to see if I replicate this?

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on which carrier and which country you are in, the S21 Ultra either comes with an S-Pen, or it is an optional add-on.

But it is easily replicable and I can add a video if you'd like to see. It seems to work with all of the menus in game, but not the gameboard itself. So you cannot tap a portal with it, you can't glyph with it, but you can recharge with it.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

I have heard some information that this is related to the game engine, rather than the game itself.

• phaousphaous ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I have the same experiance with the spen on my note 9, its lame I can't glyph with the pen anymore that was cool 😎 as was the wear app for my watch which no longer exists...but oh well

I'd bet its related to the engine as @3car says and there is nothing they can do

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Well..actually there is. Where I got this information suggested to report this problem to Samsung, through Samsung members?, not Niantic. I don’t exactly understand the procedure(I use an iPhone), but someone more able than me might understand what I’m saying.