Stop the Block!

I've read some people making helpful suggestions for Niantic. While that's very proactive. It's also more than likely fruitless.

When one considers as the pool of agents has shrunk dramatically what more than anything else has changed in the game it would seem to be that fewer areas are fielded and there are far more blocking links, blocking links up everywhere. If one looks at the US on the Intel map the county is covered in blocking links.

Blocking links were a tactic that added a lot of excitement to the game back when there were 10 times as many active agents and people would collaborate on elaborate operations. Let's be honest though. Not only are fewer people playing, but we're playing a more personalized and less collaborative game. So some tactics that once added to the excitement of game-play like the blocking link have devolved into a means of controlling others and limiting the enjoyment other people are getting out of the game. Not everyone cares about fielding, but it is what they game is about.

Clearly there has been a push to reduce the focus on factionalism from Niantic and increase cooperative game play between agents in different factions. Old habits die hard. Everyone would enjoy the game more is they were able to put up the cold fields they'd always wanted to now that there were fewer agents to oppose them. The ones who do will take those fields down. The only thing being spared by throwing up blocking links everywhere is the effort it takes to go out and actually field the same area

Tagged:

Comments

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

Block links are called, "I need a nap. Wake me up when you take this down." I am a firm believer that block links are a necessary part of the game and give people breathing room, otherwise it would be a neverending war against certain agents that aren't satisfied when an area is nothing but junk links that will take days to clean up.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a horse in this race but what characteristics differentiate a blocking link from other links? How would you write a program to determine that something is specifically a blocking link?

• Simple isn't it?

If I want to link A to B, everything in the way is blocking and should be removed automatically

/s