Issues/Bugs still keeping me (and friends) from using Prime.

I continue to try new versions of Prime but keep noticing things that make it less than enjoyable to use. I wish a wider base of user play styles were being considered during development and testing. In order to help with that, here are a list of Issues/Bugs still keeping me (and friends) from using Prime regularly

FWIW, I know I could get used to some of these things over time, but as a career tester IRL, I like to mention UI use that is annoying before I get used to it. I am also aware that at least some of these, or versions of them, have been mentioned on Reddit or other places in the past, but I wanted to make sure they were not lost.

----------------------------------------

• When recharging one resonator at a time, the buttons for each resonator are far too small. They need to be at least twice as wide as they are now, especially since they have been placed so near the edge of the screen, and therefore phone protecting devices.
  • When recharging one resonator at a time, attempting to use the upper left resonator button often brings up the power cube use option instead of selecting the resonator I am trying to click on.
  • When recharging one resonator at a time, clicking on a resonator that is already fully charged, pops up a message that has to be dismissed saying it is already full. Just let it be selected it and move on. This new to Prime delay significantly slows down the recharging process. 
  • We are not shown how much XM will be returned when recycling multiple items. (This is a huge deal breaker because I often fill my XM bar as much as possible without going over by recycling unwanted items. Not having any idea how close I am, or if I will be wasting XM is not an acceptable regression from Redacted.)
  • I can’t glyph hack a second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc.) time until I wait for both (delayed) sets of gained items to be displayed and dismissed. This makes farming far slower and unpleasant. 
  • Having to push the “select all“ button in the lower left part of the manage window when attempting to unload items from a capsule feels particularly non-intuitive. Why is this not up by the items in the capsule that I am trying to unload?
  • When I look at my own stats, I find I often have a few second delay (freeze) where I am not able to scroll to see what I actually loaded that window up to see.
  • Not being able to share my entire stats page is also a frustrating regression from Redacted.
  • I miss being able to look in COMM and see what AP has been gained while glyph hacking. If it's there somewhere, I have not seen it.
  • Glyph hacking seems generally less responsive and sometimes makes connections to dots that were not touched.
  • It is difficult to see what level gear is when deploying/hacking. Coloring on items is still far too muted and glassy. Strong color cues in Redacted make this much easier.
  • It is sometimes difficult to see neutral portals, especially in daylight.
  • It is sometimes difficult to tell which faction owns a portal, especially in daylight.
  • It is sometimes difficult to see and do missions, especially in daylight.
  • Having to scroll to the bottom of the store, with multiple load freezes, to enter a passcode is simply not OK.

General stability is an issue. Although difficult to replicate consistently, there are certain circumstances that require a restart:

• Toggling between multiple apps, often freezes up or crashes Prime completely.
  • Prime freezes during extended periods of intense use requiring a restart. For example, remotely recharging for three straight hours for an anomaly.
  • Sometimes all map data (portals, XM, and links) disappear.
  • Sometimes the map centers in a strange way with the action circle off the screen.

Things I wish I had a settings toggle to turn on or off:

• The 3 second timer before glyph hacking. (Which is a VERY frustrating extra delay.)
  • The color changing countdown clock as time begins to run out.

Comments

• Great summary of UI issues that would greatly improve the game.

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭
    • I can’t glyph hack a second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc.) time until I wait for both (delayed) sets of gained items to be displayed and dismissed. This makes farming far slower and unpleasant. 

Why not? I often have several gear animations running concurrently due to glyphing portals in rapid succession.

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

Why not? I often have several gear animations running concurrently due to glyphing portals in rapid siccession.

• Thank you. Another I find annoying is having to restart the game after highway driving, even though the journey may have been an hour, as you cannot do anything.

Our speed limit in towns and cities is 60km/h. Even when doing below 50, we often can't hack or deploy.

And yes the sharing of stats.

• ErperErper ✭✭✭

• ErperErper ✭✭✭

Because the portal that I am required to click on in order to get to the option to glyph hack is blocked by the two pop

• In Prime dropping/acquiring Items is much more time consuming. Please do not close inventory after the drop and skip the extra confirmation after acquiring an item (or make it configurable). There may be situations, where using a Capsule won't make sense. You are dropping rather worthless gear (say 100 Level 7 Resonators) for a player who might collect the stuff (maybe not). The resonators are junk, but Capsules aren't.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭
    • When recharging one resonator at a time, clicking on a resonator that is already fully charged, pops up a message that has to be dismissed saying it is already full. Just let it be selected it and move on. This new to Prime delay significantly slows down the recharging process. 

I don't see a delay here. The message that pops up is a brief toast notification that can be ignored unless it's actually covering the item that you want to click on next.

But then, if you want to speed up the recharging process, don't charge one resonator at a time!

• ErperErper ✭✭✭

I do not want to speed it up. I am deliberately doing it one resonator at a time for the full AP value, almost all the time. =) If I got 100 AP for a one click full recharge, I would do that, but for now I need to do 10 single recharges.