Is it time for a banner tool?

Under the current pandemic, Niantic's options for Ingress are limited. However, this might be an opportunity to work on a better mission and banner creation tool, ready for things to open up again.

I'm in the UK, where lockdown has ended (hopefully for good), and the government is encouraging safe outdoor pursuits. Walking banners is a great way to get outside on our own.

With Mosaik going offline, this could be a good time for Niantic to improve this much-loved aspect of the game. I know there's a cross faction team working on a replacement, but surely this should be a central function?

Banner authors have put a lot of effort and heartache in over the years. Can we get some easier tools and show a little love for those who do the work for the benefit of others and for the game as a whole?

Tagged:

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Missions as a whole seem to be the forgotten child by Niantic. I don't think the mission tool was ever updated from its initial version way back in the Redacted days, aside from adding the Niantic login and moving it to a new page.

• Missions definitely need a rework at some point, but the first aspect would be how they're entered into the system, so that people can update their missions before anything can be shown on the client.