Inappropriate in-game conversation

I'm a long-time player who recently came back to the game, after years years of absence.

I accepted an invitation to ride with a barcode yesterday, we were linking our way through Mason county, I opened up the in-game chat to give some players a hard time undoing our work. What I saw shocked me, those same players have been threatening acts of violence on one of the people I was playing with and other players.

Where is Niantic and why are they not giving these people some sort of permanent ban for this? Are there not filters that catch this?

The player I was with flipped out and called the Mason county sheriff, I thought it was inappropriate response, until I got home and did a little research about acts of violence and online bullying.

What's the right answer? Get the police involved, soft bands, temp bands, permanent ban from Niantic?

I definitely had to agree with individuals playing with said it was a definition between threatening **** **** and violence.

The half-hearted apology after somebody probably got on his case floored me. Was one player using somebody else's account to write all that?

Comments