The Schism

GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in 2018, as part of the reboot into Prime.

The site ai. ingress. com was set up along with the recruitment video.

Site was just two very simple chat bots, that learn over time to queries.

Seems like this story arc was never expanded on.

What happened? Did the schism of Ada fail?

Tagged:

Comments

• We're currently at an inflection point in the storyline. Nemesis is effectively gone, the exogenous entities are locked away (or gone).

The world is ours to do with as we choose. It would be a great time to redefine what Enlightened and Resistance really "stand for". As mentioned on another post, I really like the Animation's take on the factions, because it doesn't create a 'bad guy' and a 'good guy' but rather a difference in perspective, which is how it should have always been, instead of painting Enlightened as collaborators.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw your posts on the topic today, which then reminded me about the charbot site that I presumed was going to introduce a schismed AI one that would work as it's own story.

Instead, the schism story we got is that of Dunraven, and concluded with the removal of the exogenous.

Perhaps revisiting the duality AI is possible?

Collaborators, enemies, who are we now?

I agree there needs purpose within a new story to justify control fields.

I really did like the animation, though they really zoomed through the story, which could have lasted 2 or 3 seasons.

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps. Given each cell is it's own war maybe there's a way to channel that into a larger narrative. As a long time larp veteran that would be an interesting angle to look at. Bigger picture is harder to assess without something that points to bigger things than keeping your km2 in check or fielded under your banner.