Why do some players want the NL-1331 Meetups badge removed from their profile?

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Just asking, as I wondered why some players want it removed and why some are okay with it?

Tagged:

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Some want clean profiles i read... Not all like the badge

• For some people the "unachievable medals" are not worth starting. 50 NL-1331 meetups is really only something people in Europe or in the US, with a lot of money, will ever complete.

My Recruiter is locked and forever will remain locked too.

• I never wanted that badge, I'd skip it If I could but I can't stop glyphing, so... I accept anyway.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Well, thats what this thread is for. You can request for it to be removed, comment under the bug report (and ONLY if you want it removed)

I don't know if Brian and the team will also remove it if you intentionally glyphed, but its worth a shot.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I think some players have recently started, and can't see any reason to have the NL1331 tiered badge, when international travel has halted due to covid-19.

Though it would be lovely to meet Ethan again.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The tiered badge is something that was added on years after the fact while not recognizing previous meetups.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a little bit grumpy about getting it last year as it just got thrown at me. I treat my badges like merit badges, and I don't want things on there that I didn't have to do something to earn. This year at least I had the choice to participate or not (though they screwed that up, apparently), so I had to do a thing to get it... a trivial thing, admittedly, but a thing. I would have opted out if the badge hadn't been force-unlocked on me last year.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeping profile clean of unachievable medals. I sometimes skip some events too, in which I'm not certain that I would get gold badge.

This NL event got me 5th point to the badge and silver NL badge as a result. I'm pretty hopeful that we'll see Ingress returning and I will be able to do 25 more meetups.

I don't want them to change the badge to non-tiered.

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Last year there was a player here on the forum complaining about receiving a NL-1331 badge which was beyond his control because he always wanted to make the profile consisted of BLACK (Onyx? Anyway, the highest tier) medal only, not any single ugly bronze badge.

However at that time nobody reponds to his request for removal. Hoping he/she's still in the game.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on