When Ingress gets Adventure Sync, what would you like to see happen to Trekker?

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Some agents believe the Trekker badge will lose it’s value when agents don’t need the game open to track distance walked. Some aren’t bothered.

We know that Adventure Sync from the other Niantic games will eventually roll out into Ingress so when it does, what do you want?

Trekker badge to track only distance walked whilst app is open and new badge? Trekker badge to become legacy like Guardian and a new badge for Kinetic capsules opened instead?

Comments

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

lol. You know a feature has been too long in coming when history begins to repeat itself:

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

I did think there would have been a discussion already. 😆 Oh well.

Thought it would be handy to resurface now that we have the XMA’s and a new Community Manager soon.

• 0X00FF000X00FF00 ✭✭✭✭✭

This wouldn't be the first badge where the requirements changed mid-game. See previous shenanigans when people fiiiiinally got their plat/onyx guardian badges due to a final retroactive reduction in necessary points.

I've got ALL the badges I need to level to 16, had them since level 11 (and had the level 15 requirements since level 10). So it doesn't actually affect me, unless they magically create levels 17+ some time in the future.

My personal opinion is, the ONLY thing that AdventureSync needs to accomplish is to allow the new Kinetic Capsule to track distance. Anything else is a bonus.

I'd rather see that walking also contributes to the normal Trekker badge, with at worst an updated distance requirement for each level -- and if so updated, with a goodly LONG warning before it kicks in. With the caveat that if increased, people who'd already earned their Trekker get to keep it. They earned it. I don't want to see Trekker retired.

At worst, a second badge that counts distance starting from Zero.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get too much hope from adventure sync. It's far from efficient.

Each weak i have nearly 3x more km in ingress than in pogo

• My Fitbit recorded 77k steps, so it at least keeps a fair amount of that distance included.

• I think it's time to incorporate adventure sync into the game, if folks feel there needs to be a new badge fine. I like the idea of keeping the old badge as is and just creating a new adventure sync badge that tracks only adventure sync distance, basically the old badge progresses with distance you walk with the phone open, but there would need to be a way to remove this amount from the adventure sync distance total. This isn't something I've seen in other games, the splitting of the tracked distance, and if it can be accomplished it will probably delay things a bit.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like trekker to only work when the game is open, but adventure sync/opsync to give credit toward kinetic capsules all the time.

• NysyrNysyr ✭✭✭✭

? Redacted was much easier than prime to track distance due to the much lower battery drain so you could leave it on while walking. Prime? Hell naw close and open at location.

• GrukzGrukz ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Given the current state of easy to fake adventure sync, binding trekker to adventure sync would be like giving away a onyx.

Even if they fix that, Iwould like if they make adventure sync Km a different stat in profile and not connected to trekker.

I would like if trekker only counts the KM I got while playing the game not while doing something else or playing and having phone in the pocket.

Also keep trekker as it is. No need for new badge or retiring it.

I would like if adventure sync's untility is just help with kinetic capsules, nothing more. That way it won't be abused too much as it has a daily limit.