Option to delete store badges from profile

2»

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ineras I was at an anomaly and someone said, "Go to this link and fill in the form", but didn't tell me why. That's how I wound up with a Stella badge on my profile... the ironic part being that Stella was never even part of Ingress.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

How about an option to “hide” badges or re-arrange them?

I’d like to group some badges and hide ones that aren’t active anymore such as Guardian.

• InerasIneras ✭✭✭

@Hosette I'm sorry to hear that! I wonder how many agents had medals foisted on them.

• Like300WombatsLike300Wombats ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

I'm all for increasing any agent's options as to how to view his, her or their own profile...and I'd be more than happy to view it myself in whatever state you then so choose to present it.

That being said, *you* should also have to view *my* profile in all of it's cluttered, multi-badged, "disorganized" glory. I want as many badges as I can get, and I want them all to be stored in exactly the order I obtained them. I no longer have any "hard to get" earned badges left to obtain (but would gladly welcome the addition of more of them). Some in this thread have stated that -- for them -- the yearly badges mark time well enough to place their achievements...for me, *all* my badges mark time. Many of my character badges I won via stat competition at NL-1331 events...who are any of you to claim that they were not therefore "earned" badges? Many of the current decorative badges help me place where I was in the game at a time when I can no longer use achievement badges to do the same.

Options are good things...but don't force an outcome on me that will remove my ability to see the full timeline of my badge wall...or prevent you from seeing it as *I* want you to see it if you choose to look at my profile.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Delete your own badges? You might as well delete your own account...oh, Niantic already made that possible. I don't think I have any other game where people have become so attached to badges regardless if they are achievements or paid items. I thought a valid comparison would be video game achievements like on consoles or the PC with Steam achievements...but nope. I'm all for badge management if it doesn't led to support having to manually adjust badges as part of the work.

Maybe Ingress X will led to some cosmetic change to the profiles? The only logic I see is grouping the badges into categories as I mentioned in the past. The first category is already done - anomalies

• ShilfiellShilfiell ✭✭✭

I'm a self-confessed badge fan with many purchased badges on my profile. I'm old, my family's grown, I have a decent job, so I'll spend my money in a way that brings me joy. Badges bring me joy! I do worry, though, as I accumulate more badges, that my scanner will become bogged down. I recently heard that there was once a limit on how many badges a profile could hold before it became physically unusable: is this still true? If so, I'd definitely love collapsible sections for all but the core earned badges. I managed to pre-order the subscription pack, and would like to be assured that I can add those future badges without breaking my account!

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shilfiell There certainly used to be a limit to the number of mission badges that your profile could display before it bogged down. I don't think there were ever enough regular badges to make that happen.