Option to delete store badges from profile

kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some of the seasonal badges. I bought the Halloween one, the 2021 one, and the winterblue/green one. But I find myself at a crossroads with the latest one. I've started to feel like these are truly meaningless badges. Like, they may look nice aesthetically, but what do they really mean other than "I paid 2500 CMU to have this on my profile"? I feel like the clutter they represent doesn't really tell anything other than "I like shiny objects." It seems like Niantic wants to feed us a steady diet of these shiny objects instead of giving us anything to work for, so please give us an option to delete these one-night stands so we can remember better times (the achievement badges) or make us work for these seasonal badges. (No, I don't want a refund). Pound away on the disagree button.

Tagged:

Comments

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Another option: make these "disappearing" badges that only display on the profile until a certain date. Then we can give you money and not worry about this being displayed on our profile forever.

Yeah, event badges and yearly badges are good enough for me as those time markers. These are just silly. Soon, they will be the majority of all badges at this rate.

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

So what's up for the next batch of medals in about a month? Easter bunnies, daffodils, Jesus on the cross? Personally, I don't want these seasonal, ephemeral medals permanently on my agent profile. If there was some way of displaying these medals or themes temporarily away from the agent profile maybe like a flair, I'd maybe try them out, but for now I have to pass on the "seasonal, but permanent" badges.

• Powinna istnieć taka opcja. Dobrze byłoby mieć wybór.

• Yeah, I'd like the option to separate the non-core medals like we have Mission medals. A separate group that can be expanded to view.

I do like the alternatives you've mentioned @Azhreia and @Pangarban. I'm down with almost any way to make these badges less of an eyesore. Sorry if this thread is repetitive, threw another option out there. It would nice if Niantic could do more than stay silent in the face of all these requests.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

This please, I think everyone is misunderstanding this. Some profiles take a really long time to open because of this, it's impractical.

• MuzzgoodMuzzgood ✭✭✭

I fought HARD to avoid some badges

to avoid profile from exploding

so I disagree ;)

• HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

I think the server side is really needed if other agents are looking for your Profile page or if you are looking for others agents Profile.

One possibility is that Settings page has a new option: Enable Profile Page Edit Mode

When this mode is enabled Agent sees all his/her Medals and Medal popup dialog has checkboxes for hiding or selecting Medal level that you want to see and to show to other agents.

Example 1:

Some agents may find that Silver Medal is better looking than the Gold one:

Example 2:

For Festival, Character etc. Medals there is checkbox option to hide the Medal.

Post edited by HopeaKotka on
  • MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

As it is now, I'm avoiding buying any seasonal medals like the plague we're all living in (I highly regret buying the Halloween '20 badge). If I had the option to toggle these badges on and off, FOMO would get me to buy every single one.

• harkonnnenharkonnnen ✭✭✭✭

I do like the idea of being able to select you agent profile like,

Basic (just the ones you have in the beginning to unlock)

Event (which includes all the basic and the earned event badges)

Characters (same as event but with the character badges)

All (everything)

Until than (if it ever comes to pass) you have the option of course to...not buy the badges if you don't want them of your profile

• I never buy those medals because I don’t want to have them in between the other, hard to achieve medals. As suggested I would be ok with the store-bought medals if there’s the option to group and collapse those and I would probably buy some not only to collect them but also as a way to give revenue to ingress.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

@SternZ1 I'm with you. I would gleefully throw money at Niantic for short-term decoration but I want my badges to be achievements rather than shiny objects.

Post edited by Hosette on
  • I agree with grouping badges. Anual badges should be separated from other medals. And I think if badges that we have right now could be edited its position. :) please raise this post to Niantic.

• I like just about all the different suggestions for hiding/sorting cosmetic badges.

As others have suggested: if these medals could be separated from earned badges then Niantic would probably sell more of them.

So it would make players happy and make money for Niantic.

Looks like a win/win to me.

• Many Suggestions have been brought up by agents who are really care about this game. So do something rather than just thinking of selling more digress badges please.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve just stopped buying them at this point. This upcoming one at least looks good, but will be passing until Niantic can offer an option to earn them. I’ll buy $3 medals all day, if they come with a few tasks…

Id also pay to have my previously purchased medals removed…

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Pay to win badges should be able to be deleted, or sectioned off.

They are meaningless, or inappropriate. (Like releasing winter badges for northern hemisphere when its 40 degrees C here in the south.

I dont mind giving Niantic money, but the paid badges are meaningless and, released way too often. Agree with OP on being able to delete. No refund required.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Further... you should not be able to hide event medals you EARNED. Just because you only made Bronze instead of upper tier level shouldn't mean you can hide the fact.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk ✭✭✭

I love bling on my profile ... If you don't like bling don't purchase ...if you have a change of mind ... Laugh it off ...

I don't care about what other agents think about my profile and badges I haven't 'earned'...

My profile my choice.

• As I mentioned above (and in dozens of other threads) the core gameplay badges should stay as is, but the Anomaly badges should be a collapsible section like Missions, as should the paid for badges and maybe separately the event badges.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

My profile my choice indeed. I would dearly love to get rid of the one bling badge that I got tricked into getting.

I've had a bit of a change of heart since I posted this thread over a year ago. I don't want to delete them anymore, but I would like an option to separate them from the other badges.