Meet the XM Ambassadors!

1235»

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I addressed that point where I mentioned how long it took first time.

It was still a very narrow window of time. Would think 1-8 better, a lot of agents start and don't progress much.

If you are level 6-7 you will very probably be 8 soon.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if what happened is they looked at the database of agents and saw that there are a huge number of agents who are levels 5-8, and have been for a long time, so they said "This is an important player demographic". However, I would reckon that 5-8 is probably the most likely level range for a player decide they don't like the game and then quit. I sometimes check player stats of the players who submitted old portals where I play, and I often find they are founders around level 5-8 who haven't played since year 2 or 3 (based on the series of annual badges at the top of their medals).

As others have said, if a level 5-8 player is at all active in the community, they won't be that level for very long. Hopefully they will find a few good candidates for XM Ambassador in that group, but by the end of the year they will certainly move up if they play at all.

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭

When I started it took me 20 days to get to level 8. People who get into the game don't stay there long.

• But the people who don't get into it that quickly, represent an important voice that needs to be heard as to "why".

• My first impression of Ingress was "Make triangles to gain AP, destroy triangles to gain AP". Didn't appear very exciting at first glance.

• Is there a reason that a new account called RazorEcu was banned from the program? @InvestigateXM you refuse to quit a another player ( see the comments) from the program arguing that he started with a new account, the account RazorEcu is a new account too and you decide to quit because there is a preference? or something somebody tell you? I dont understand Niantic decisions.. I would like to recieve a feedback from you and the community. Also for you @NianticPooja

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭
  • So, thats your argument? a level account that you didnt see playing in your City? That´s enought evidence to quit from the program. I just mencioned that there agents that are in the program that have the same situation that the agent affected.

@DinDjarin I would like to consider @InvestigateXM and people like @NianticPooja review the account I mention an also tell me why Niantic dont quit the program too, because I have more evidence to argue about that.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Too knowledgeable to be mistaken as one. No offense, it is my compliment.

• MANEXunileverMANEXunilever ✭✭
    edited March 16

Hey, I am pretty sure that this is a good opinion about the case.. but they (Xavidarker) and faction agents, report a green account that was in the program too (RazorEcu) and Niantic decided to quit. So can you tell me why they decide to quit an ENL agent and prefer a RES agent, with the same characteristics (got an account banned and played with a new one).

You said that there is no problem, so why do they quit the program to that agent (RazorEcu)?

I never write in the forum or participate in a active game, but I considered unfair if you ask me.

@NianticPooja

• MirthmakerMirthmaker ✭✭✭

Similar. Took me about 60 days to reach lvl 8. A lot of that time was called collecting open portals, keys and occasionally linking, and not even touching Aegis portals. I did not find others until lvl 5, reg meetups at 6 and big world play the run up to the 2019 New Orleans anomaly which I got to 8 about a week before.

• LuoboTiXLuoboTiX ✭✭✭
    edited April 8

Do you really think specific player would be 100% dedicated to a faction, let's say RES in this case, if he/she was banned for some reasons (definitely some sorts of violations) of his/her previous account that belongs to a different faction, let's say ENL in this case?

I mean, does faction really matters here? Is it helpful by calling him/her by his "faction" which was chosen after Niantic offered a second chance? If someone switches between factions very easily at will then it's nothing relevant to the faction and not that unfair as you said.

• Felicidades @Vanyushka

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

So, any ambassadors wanna say how things are going?

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no XMA but I can forecast these recent changes will have a positive impact.

• The team has been jelling. There is a lot of variety in the team.