[Enhancement] Subtle indicator for unread News items

ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

For whatever reason, I don't find myself looking at COMM in Prime as often as I did in Redacted. (I suspect that the current slate of loading-related bugs does not help…) As a result, I could use a subtle reminder that there might be something in the News feed that I have not yet read.

For example, a red dot is used to indicate when our Drone is ready to be moved again, and a red dot is used to indicate when a Kinetic Capsule has completed its current program. Why not use a red dot to indicate when we have unread items in the News feed?

The potential issue I see with this specific solution is that all of COMM's other tabs are more often than not going to have new items that have not yet been seen, so there's the potential for either (a) inconsistency in using a red dot only for News, or (b) a clutter of red dots if they're added to the other tabs in similar fashion.

Maybe there's some other way a subtle indicator could be made to work? I think we want to avoid something like in Pokémon Go, where we have to tap through something when the scanner starts up (don't get in my way of recharging on an attacker…).

Comments

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fellow HPWU players can tell you how persistant red dots can be the bane of our existance lol

I like the idea, but also important to keep in mind that there is a big pop-up that appears whenever a new news item appears anyway (eg. FS, special events, etc.). So it might not be entirely needed?

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6

I don't believe I ever saw a pop up for the two most recent news items here (without timestamps, it's difficult to know when they were added to the feed, but they appear to be newer than a post about March IFS):